Sign in to follow this  
mannymod85

Aladdin Plus X2 Questions

im waiting for the alladin plus x2 chip to come in the mail while waiting I have installed my break away header and the corresponding wires needed and cut the l trace my question is what does the xbox do when you tun it on without the chip and the trace l trace cut my xbox is a 1.6 

Same thing it did before. Without having a chip, or just a random wire installed, to pull the D0 line of the Xbox low, it’s just gonna boot from it’s internal ROM. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Magicaldave said:

Same thing it did before. Without having a chip, or just a random wire installed, to pull the D0 line of the Xbox low, it’s just gonna boot from it’s internal ROM. 

ok so it seems I may have a problem then ive read in a few places that the xbox wont boot up!  which is what mine does ill know more once I get the chip just curious if I may have made a mistake installing the breakaway which does happen time to time this is my first xbox so it wouldn't surprise me if I did mess something up  heres the symptoms as of now 

push power lights up yellow orange shuts off repeats that cycle one more time and then turns on a 3rd time and blinks red to green and stays on but nothing load on screen 

51 minutes ago, mannymod85 said:

ok so it seems I may have a problem then ive read in a few places that the xbox wont boot up!  which is what mine does ill know more once I get the chip just curious if I may have made a mistake installing the breakaway which does happen time to time this is my first xbox so it wouldn't surprise me if I did mess something up  heres the symptoms as of now 

push power lights up yellow orange shuts off repeats that cycle one more time and then turns on a 3rd time and blinks red to green and stays on but nothing load on screen 

Ahh, yes, my mistake. 

The Aladdin chip has its own ground points for LFRAME. You cut the LFRAME trace on your board to make sure it doesn't fry your console's MCPX chip over time. So your console is looking for a BIOS, but it can't find one - because you essentially chopped its head off. No big!

You can temporarily fix this with a little bit of wire and tape if you wish to use the console in the meantime, but you should be back up and running when you're able to supply it with a BIOS over the LPC port (aka, installing a modchip)

FWIW, this is an optional step from what I understand. But it's certainly not one that hurts as replacing your MCPX chip... not gonna happen.

Edited by Magicaldave

yea! I was thinking that once I put the modip on it will act ok  I more less got it ready for the chip and turned it on just to see what it does and it did that 

Cutting the trace prevents it from booting - no BIOS can be loaded from the Xyclops chip across the LPC bus without that signal.  

Once the modchip is installed, it will be able to boot from the BIOS stored on the modchip.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Ryzee119
      Hi all,
      As a fun educational exercise to wanted to replace the CPLD logic on the cheap AladdinXT 4032 Original Xbox modchip and convert it to a basic LCD driver, consequently it looses the ability to load a custom bios. I consider this to be something like the old X-addons generic LCD-display mods (but a fair bit simpler)
      The Lattice LC4032V CPLD on the cheap Alladin modchips is extremely limited, so this is a hacky bare minimum to reduce macro-cell usage to fit onto the CPLD. Therefore it can't really support any extra functionality over the bare minimum.
      It doesn't support backlight control (just full brightness always)
      It has some very basic contrast PWM control through the dashboard settings.
      Anyway just wanted to share what I came up with
      Please login or register to see this link.
      Ideally, you could design a small PCB (and maybe use a larger CPLD) to improve the installation. that is something I may do in the future
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By mannymod85
      Hi im new to this forum but not new to modding . soon I will be installing an alladin plus x2 chip in my version 1.6 xbox therefore hard modding it .
      I seen where people are putting xbmc origins on their softmodded x boxes but find little information on getting a dashboard as such on it after I hard modded it ?
      so please
      1.could somebody point me towards a prebuilt xbmc origins with instructions on how to install after I have successfully hard modded my xbox
      note: I will be using a ide to sata adapter to use a 2 tb hd or larger in the system 
      2. I plan to ftp my game files over to the hd another question I have. Can I use the hard drive as an external hard drive after I have installed a front end and transfer all my files at once with an external sata to usb adapter ?
      Past mod exp is
      n3ds
      ps2 softmod and hard mod with 4tb hd
      wii loaded softmod
      wii u softmod loaded  
      sega dreamcast complete library with flash sd slot 
      Moderator: Topic Title changed from Aladdin Chip Modder to Aladdin Chip Modder - XBmc Origins Installation, How?
    • By Acidmank
      Hey all.  i hope you can help.
      My 'Project Xbox'  (V1.4) which i generally tinker with has an Aladdin X2 running IND bios.
      All my other Xbox's are either soft modded or have Xceuter 2 installed.
      I've never tsop'd a console and was thinking that i should give it a go and move the Aladdin X2 off too one of my 1.6's that has been soft modded.

Can i boot to dash, pull the chip and then flash the tsop?   Assume i have already bridged the 1.4 mobo ready for a tsop flash?
      ( This box, like all my others has a failed DVD that doesn't read discs. so need to do all this from the xbox itself)
      And...  what software should i flash with?

Thanks heaps

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.