OGXbox.com

40wire ide cable question

BmanGames

Looking to replace my ide drive with a sata drive, I have the startech adaptor and a molex splitter, only question is my 80wire ide cable won't be here till may 7th, ordered a https://a.co/d/2qL1JSJ cable they seem to be on back order, can I use my 40wire ide until that one gets here, wanna go ahead and swap the drive and get my stuff transfered

Edited by BmanGames
Spelling

• BmanGames changed the title to 40wire ide cable question
50 minutes ago, BmanGames said:

Looking to replace my ide drive with a sata drive, I have the startech adaptor and a molex splitter, only question is my 80wire ide cable won't be here till may 7th, ordered a https://a.co/d/2qL1JSJ cable they seem to be on back order, can I use my 40wire ide until that one gets here, wanna go ahead and swap the drive and get my stuff transfered

Yes you can... However, you will be limited to UDMA 2 speeds, reliably. You can either flash the UDMA 2 version of Cerbios for the time being, or flash UDMA 6 to get prepared for the cable and just boot into safe mode using the eject button to power on. Using UDMA 6 will definitely result in an error.

• Like 1