OGXbox.com

SSD having to format after removing IDE cable

1 hour ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

I had to do some maintenance on my disk drive, but now my SSD is asking to format and the key is all bugged, is this a problem with my SSD (maybe fake), or does this happen every time you remove the cables IDE? (I'm using SSD on Xbox for the first time)

When you say "the key is all bugged" you are referring to the HDD key being corrupt? 

8 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I am invoking the HDD/EEPROM god: @Dtomcat18 :) 

Nevermind, after a lot of research I found out what I expected, my SSD was counterfeited, at least that's not that big of a problem, taking into account that I got it a few weeks ago, and I didn't have that many files saved, it probably corrupted the firmware after the removal of the Flat IDE, must have had his firmware modified before purchase!

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

15 minutes ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Nevermind, after a lot of research I found out what I expected, my SSD was counterfeited, at least that's not that big of a problem, taking into account that I got it a few weeks ago, and I didn't have that many files saved, it probably corrupted the firmware after the removal of the Flat IDE, must have had his firmware modified before purchase!

I was going to suggest corrupt firmware, but I thought that would have been unhelpful since I had no idea HOW that would happen unless you removed the IDE cable while the console was on, and even THEN it should only corrupt the drive contents, not the firmware... I'm not even sure what a counterfeit drive IS... What is faked? Where did you source the drive from?

51 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I was going to suggest corrupt firmware, but I thought that would have been unhelpful since I had no idea HOW that would happen unless you removed the IDE cable while the console was on, and even THEN it should only corrupt the drive contents, not the firmware... I'm not even sure what a counterfeit drive IS... What is faked? Where did you source the drive from?

Well, this is something that normally happens in Brazil haha... Counterfeit drives are some SSDs of more or less 150gb that have firmware installed to recognize 1tb/2tb etc.... I purchased them from ML.

Sellers do this to deceive buyers (and they succeed, as it is practically identical to the original) but it stops after a while, and no, I didn't remove the cable while the Xbox was on.

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

2 hours ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Well, this is something that normally happens in Brazil haha... Counterfeit drives are some SSDs of more or less 150gb that have firmware installed to recognize 1tb/2tb etc.... I purchased them from ML.

Sellers do this to deceive buyers (and they succeed, as it is practically identical to the original) but it stops after a while, and no, I didn't remove the cable while the Xbox was on.

Oh I see. Sort of like how Alibaba will sell graphics cards that claim to be something much higher tier than what they truly are, by editing the EEPROM of the card and editing the entries. Your HDD capacity say it is a certain amount while only a fraction is available. This is because the seller assumes that it will be a while before you actually fill up the actual capacity of the drive and that they will have time to sell more counterfeits while you are happily accumulating data, unaware that you will hit a wall much sooner than you anticipated.  

• Sad 1