OGXbox.com

ScummVM game not showing in list

willis

I am using xbmc emustation and scummvm emulator. When looking at scummvm on the dashboard it shows how many games you have playable. However I have games in there and they aren't showing up in the list.

However if I go into file browser and just start the scummvm default.xbe to launch the emulator, I can load the game just fine and play.

Is there some kind of disconnect in how xbmc emustation is seeing (or not seeing) the game?

21/06/2022
    1) ScummVM support added.
        ( games go in the games folder inside the emulators\scummvm\. Folders are hard coded to the .svm files but you can update the paths inside those if you wish. )
        ( emulator and artwork are on the downloader for it )

Example:

aesop'sfablesth-tortoise.svm

[tortoise]
platform=windows
gameid=mohawk
description=Aesop's Fables: The Tortoise and the Hare (Windows/English)
language=en
path=D:\games\Aesop's Fables The Tortoise and the Hare\
guioptions= lang_English

Edited by Rocky5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:57 AM, Rocky5 said:

Example:

aesop'sfablesth-tortoise.svm

Thanks for the clarification, I got the games up and running.
What is the latest version of ScummVM, is it version 1.4.1 from Mar. 22 2012? Is there any chance it could get updated to a more current version or is the Xbox max out at that one?

8 hours ago, willis said:

Thanks for the clarification, I got the games up and running.
What is the latest version of ScummVM, is it version 1.4.1 from Mar. 22 2012? Is there any chance it could get updated to a more current version or is the Xbox max out at that one?

That’s the latest, unless someone backports the newer version we are out of luck. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

That’s the latest, unless someone backports the newer version we are out of luck. 

Do you happen to know if there is any devs that might be able to / or want to tackle such a project? Its funny that the Sega Dreamcast has a constant updated version right on the scummvm site and the xbox has nothing.