i recently softmodded my 1.4 original Xbox and added a 3TB HDD, however I am not sure I have all the space I was supposed to get. I understand Xbox should only recognize about 2.3-2.5TB however I am not seeing all of my space showing up. Furthermore, there’s several smaller partitions.
Can I expand my existing partitions, what is the best way to get the most space out of my current set up? I could redo the whole process if needed.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks !
Please login or register to see this attachment.
I can’t seem to find a clear answer anywhere. Do I remove the jumper pin from the sata HDD since the sata/ide adaptor has its own jumper pin selections? I just need to know the configuration so I can clone it using chimp. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
So I will receive the components needed this week or the one after.
This is a hardmodded xbox and I will try to swap a 130 Gb to a 2To one.
Meanwhile I've been studying Chimp usage base on the latest video by Rocky5 but they are some things which are not clear to me.
- Is it better to use cable select or slave for the new hdd ?
- Cocky references a 4s period to swap ide cable from dvd to new hdd, is it a real thing ?
- Swapping cable before launching chimp right ?
- First option shown at 10'35 'Select from menu' shoudl be the first one FatX right ?
- Clone from master to slave with a 2TB slave : I want to have F and G both of 950Go size approximatively so I should choose (around 12'19) option 1 C & E and then on the following screen choose 4 'F and G split space evenly' or 5 'Custom F size, G gets the rest' ?
- As i am on hardmod or tsop do i need to lock the slave after as show near 16'43 or is it not necessary ? I am asking because I seem to remember that in the options of my system the current HDD is shown as not locked