OGXbox.com

Startech Cases

Bowlsnapper

3 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

Are you currently offering black only and did you have the same issue with the adapter cable being too wide for the opening? Thought maybe it could be an easy adjustment, but I’ve never touched a 3D printer before. 

I have black filament mainly, but also have white. Are you asking if there is clear? I can print clear cases with my resin printer. I think they are also nicer when resin printed. I can also get clear PLA filament. I can probably get a rainbow assortment of colors for not too much if you have another color in mind.

I'll have to mount one and see what you are referring to. It's ridiculous but I haven't actually tried one out yet. So let me do that and I'll get back to you on the dimension issue. :)

49 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Ooh, a clear could be nice. I’d love to see one if you had plans on testing it out. What makes one material better than the other when you say you resin is better? Like I said, I’m a complete noob when it comes to that stuff.

PXL_20240303_022834967.jpg

PXL_20240303_022923927.jpg

I actually don't know if I'd call it "Nicer". I still have to work on making the supports less damaging in the slicer, and I have to research ways to do that. It still looks nice, but I actually think clear PLA will turn out better. This one is deformed, but only because it was not supported very well that time. I need help from somebody who knows how to customize supports. If I make the attachment points too small to avoid leaving markings, they will not stay attached and the model will just start cooking on the vat film... which means I only see failures happen the hard way and have to remove the BS cured resin from the vat film, which almost always scratches it no matter how careful I am. So failures (in this case, caused by making the supports small enough to break off without leaving noticeable marks... TOO small) are a big pain in the ass so I'm afraid to make the support points too damn small. 

This had minimal supports however, so If I use more, I may be able to make the breakoff points smaller and thus less noticeable and also have the model turn out much straighter and proper looking.

• Like 1