OGXbox.com

Can I add a link to the screenshots folder on the dashboard menu?

CrypticCitrus

Hi there, 

Is there a method to view screenshots in a gallery format from the xbmc4gamers dashboard similar to XBMC4Xbox? I've been using the screenshot feature in StellarOS and I'd like an easy way to manage and view my screenshots on the Xbox from the dashboard. So far I can view images one by one in Xbmc4gamers if I use the file explorer, but that's not ideal. Specifically I am looking for something that can show many thumbnails at once  

I'm not sure what was removed in this fork (since this focuses on the game experience), but I see config options in the xml files to <picture> tags. I can add paths there, but it doesn't do anything when I configure it since the XBMC4GAMERS dashboard only shows "program" entries. Unless I'm missing something. The PDF manual doesn't really mention anything about viewing images in this way.

Thanks!

Edit: or if anyone knows of a gallery app that I can launch to view thumbnails and manage them, that would work as well. 

Edited by CrypticCitrus
Extra info

Interesting question.

Indeed with XBMC4Xbox you can add the Screenshot and/or other picture folders as Sources under the main Pictures menu. In fact you don't even need to do that because the sub-menu > Slideshow option will display using your designated Screenshot folder content

However if the Pictures main menu option was removed does XBMC4Gamers include a Favourites option? If so that might work if you add your picture containing folder(s) to that.

There used to be a number of gallery plugins you could use (no experience of doing this myself) but they were installed under Pictures from the main menu too.

Rather than mess around with XBMC4Gamers wouldn't the simplest solution just be to install XBMC4Xbox as an app for when you want to manage/view pictures? 

• Thanks 1

Thanks! XBMC4Gamers does include a favorites option, but it's more of a folder path since I don't seem to see any of the `<picture>` libraries (or slideshow tool) available. 

I totally agree with you on your comment.

I'm just going to install the XBMC4Xbox app (and add it the favorites inside of XBMC4Gamers), and I'll load that up going forward when I want to view and manage my screenshots.

• Like 1