OGXbox.com

Double press of power button required

arfows

2 hours ago, arfows said:

First press of the power button turns power on for about one second.  As soon as it starts to spin down if I press the power button again it boots normally.  Any ideas what could be wrong and what I should try to do to fix it? Thanks!

Out of curiosity does it power on normally if you use the eject button to power on rather than the actual power button?

My first thoughts were maybe a faulty switch, trace damage, or possibly (and I hate to suggest this too often lol) capacitors going bad. 

12 hours ago, arfows said:

All Caps are fine visually 

I had the very same problem with one of my units, which ceased after replacing all the mainboard factory capacitors. My guess is one or more were failing in spite of being visually fine, probably the 6.3v ones, and not supplying the necessary amount of juice to power on. It's possible for something to have bad capacitors that look fine. If you don't eventually determine the cause of the problem then you can at least try what I did. It wouldn't hurt.