OGXbox.com

Fanart installer and emulators

MrNuTRbuTr

So i'm new but not new to this and just got back into it after a very long time away and have been skimming through here and google for help. I recently modded my xbox, installed cerbios and I am using xbmx4gamers dash. I installed the fan art installer and it works for the xbox games but when i go over to the emulators it doesnt show any art work. Is there a specific emulator for these art works to pair with the fan art installer? The only emulators I have installed so far is nestopiax, pcsxbox and snes9box. I have placed those on the E drive with the fan art installer. The games play I just don't have the fan art or cover art for the emulator like I do for the xbox games if I enable fan art. When I disable the fan art it just gives me the generic icons.

you have to make a custom one.

if you want only a poster, you can create a poster.jpg image with dimensions of 200x283.

Also you will need to craete a folder in root of your emulator folder: _resources\artwork, and put poster.jpg there.

With artwork disabled is much simplier, just create any aspect ratio and dimmnesions jpg file and rename it to default.tbn, system will automatically downscale  image to required size, aspect ratio will be retained. You will need to remove existing stock thumbnail so it would generate a new one from default.tbn file.

5 hours ago, MrNuTRbuTr said:

So i'm new but not new to this and just got back into it after a very long time away and have been skimming through here and google for help. I recently modded my xbox, installed cerbios and I am using xbmx4gamers dash. I installed the fan art installer and it works for the xbox games but when i go over to the emulators it doesnt show any art work. Is there a specific emulator for these art works to pair with the fan art installer? The only emulators I have installed so far is nestopiax, pcsxbox and snes9box. I have placed those on the E drive with the fan art installer. The games play I just don't have the fan art or cover art for the emulator like I do for the xbox games if I enable fan art. When I disable the fan art it just gives me the generic icons.

If you mean just the artwork for the emulators themselves, this can be accessed from the artwork installer app by pressing the white button I think it was.

36 minutes ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

If you mean just the artwork for the emulators themselves, this can be accessed from the artwork installer app by pressing the white button I think it was.

Yes this. I know the artwork is in the art installer as I FTP the art installer to my pc to unzip files to find the artwork. I ran artwork but it only found 1 of the emulators but not the others. I even deleted the ones I installed from gamebrew and got the emulators from the downloader ran artwork again and it still wouldn't detect the emulators so not sure what I am doing wrong.

3 hours ago, PRince404 said:

You'll have to manually install them. There was a archive of Artworks that I downloaded off of some google drive, but don't remember where I got it from. But know that they exist.

No that's the box art. I know i have to do that manually and I have the link to get the files. What Im talking about is if you go into the emulator section I'm not getting the background art or icon art for the platforms like you do for the xbox games when you cycle through them on the dashboard

Sorry...it's the B button not white. So you're saying you chose emulator from the list then browse to the emulator on your drive it has art for and it doesn't apply the artwork? Or sorry maybe you meant, you've applied the artwork but it doesn't display when you browse the emulator folder?

Edited by extra-ordinary_

1 hour ago, extra-ordinary_ said:

Sorry...it's the B button not white. So you're saying you chose emulator from the list then browse to the emulator on your drive it has art for and it doesn't apply the artwork? Or sorry maybe you meant, you've applied the artwork but it doesn't display when you browse the emulator folder?

After I run artwork installer it only finds the art for 1 of the emulators and the others are missing. If I go into the emulator section/tab and enable the artwork by switching views I get the artwork/fanart for the one but the others I don't and if I disable the artwork I get the generic icons. I figured a snapshot would help. I Know artwork is in the installer but its not pairing with the emulator

20231113_171355.jpg

20231113_171432.jpg

13 hours ago, MrNuTRbuTr said:

No that's the box art. I know i have to do that manually and I have the link to get the files. What Im talking about is if you go into the emulator section I'm not getting the background art or icon art for the platforms like you do for the xbox games when you cycle through them on the dashboard

Those also come in them, you're gonna need to manually install them, that's how I did it. Every emu has both the Box art, Artwork and even synopsis for them. Those images go in _resources/artworks/fanart.jpg/screenshot.jpg

I tried Artwork Installer once and it fucked up my existing ones, dunno how it works but I assume it checks the CRC of the XBEs in the folders then drops the specific _resources folder for a specific hash check. Could be that those are outdated and no longer work properly. I never fiddled with it again I downloaded it via the Download Section then copied it to my PC and then manually FTP'ed specific resources for what I needed. 

I was making more artwork for some obscure Homebrew stuff but my laptop crapped itself and I don't have any other PC. I asked someone at emuxtras.net but they were busy.

10 hours ago, PRince404 said:

Those also come in them, you're gonna need to manually install them, that's how I did it. Every emu has both the Box art, Artwork and even synopsis for them. Those images go in _resources/artworks/fanart.jpg/screenshot.jpg

I tried Artwork Installer once and it fucked up my existing ones, dunno how it works but I assume it checks the CRC of the XBEs in the folders then drops the specific _resources folder for a specific hash check. Could be that those are outdated and no longer work properly. I never fiddled with it again I downloaded it via the Download Section then copied it to my PC and then manually FTP'ed specific resources for what I needed. 

I was making more artwork for some obscure Homebrew stuff but my laptop crapped itself and I don't have any other PC. I asked someone at emuxtras.net but they were busy.

I finally realized what you meant about manually install it. I would like to update the artwork as I found different icons I wanted to use but that will have to be for another time. I've been out of the loop for far to long with modding the xbox. Last one i did was roughly 20 years ago. Back then the biggest HD was 500gb. I ended up tossing it after the HD crashed. Now im here trying to do it all over again lol.

• Haha 1