OGXbox.com

OpenXenium and LPC 1.6

Halo_2

Posted (edited)

My guess is that he saw that the OX chip you don't solder it, so decided to ruin the chip.
May buy another OX chip and see the quality of work.

The BT and D0 wires allow the chip to turn off and on (which I did want).
If I do buy another OX chip and pin header, can it be turned off and on?

Edited by Halo_2

30 minutes ago, Halo_2 said:

I’m telling you it does work on the old aladdin’s.

Can anybody verify that this Version of the Aladdin has the D0 and BT pads working? I'm not calling you a liar, just not familiar with ANY Aladdins with working D0 and BT. I notice that it is a bit different than my AliExpress PCB, 1MB upgraded version.

Posted (edited)

Here’s the video….. it’s a shit old Aladdin, they do work….

You still think I’m ryzee119 or affiliated…..

I told him I’m not happy with the chip being soldered, he said he did it because the pin header can corrode.

Edited by Halo_2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Halo_2 said:

Here’s the video….. it’s a shit old Aladdin, they do work….

You still think I’m ryzee119 or affiliated…..

I told him I’m not happy with the chip being soldered, he said he did it because the pin header can corrode.

Nah, I don't think you're MM. 😛 I'm glad you had an old Aladdin to use. Looks like they had what they needed to make BT and D0 work.

"he said he did it because the pin header can corrode." - That is 100 percent BS and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Total Gibberish. If that were true then you would be seeing other people doing it. NOBODY does it. A pin header is no more subject to corrosion than soldering the chip directly to the LPC. He did it to make it hard to work on so you would send it back to him and not be able to upgrade anything on your own... He is lying to you, dude.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Nah, I don't think you're MM. 😛 I'm glad you had an old Aladdin to use. Looks like they had what they needed to make BT and D0 work.

"he said he did it because the pin header can corrode." - That is 100 percent BS and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Total Gibberish. If that were true then you would be seeing other people doing it. NOBODY does it. A pin header is no more subject to corrosion than soldering the chip directly to the LPC. He did it to make it hard to work on so you would send it back to him and not be able to upgrade anything on your own... He is lying to you, dude.

I tend to agree with your assessment, Bowl. I don’t see any reason to solder it directly to the board other than to make it difficult to undo or upgrade if you lacked the experience to do so. Yeah that about the pin header is ridiculous. I mean I’ve seen corroded pin headers on electronics before (though rarely) but everything else on the board around it was corroded as well. This was done to be difficult. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Halo_2 said:

I’ve bought another OX chip, be interesting on the condition of soldering.

Where are the BT and D0 wires allow the chip to turn off and on.

There is no BT wire, as it serves no purpose with the OX. D0 is on the top right of the chip. It has a separate Lframe pad to ensure that it is operated correctly as a means of LPC booting.

It appears that TSOP booting or "disabling" the chip is done by booting into XeniumOS and choosing to boot from the onboard flash.

https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:OpenXenium

"Ability to boot from the onboard BIOS (colloquially known as TSOP booting). This will completely disable OpenXenium and release D0/LFRAME(1.6) to boot the Xbox as if it is stock."

• Like 1