OGXbox.com

[Split Thread from] Compatibility of insignia project with nulled hard drives copied from a single source

Nathan

14 minutes ago, Nathan said:

maybe i'm not sure i just went to the control panel and bridged the wireless wifi network to the ethernet port so i could plug in the xbox to get a connection

You could go into Network properties and see what IP address is issued to the ethernet port (I'm assuming something like 10.0.0.1) and use that to assign a static IP on the XBOX.

Is there any opportunity to hardwire the XBOX into a router or switch?

1 minute ago, Nathan said:

would a wifi extender work?

Yeah, a WiFi extender is simply an access point. If it has an ethernet port, just connect an ethernet cable from that to your XBOX.

The WiFi extender should have a web interface that you can log into and see the IP address of the XBOX.

1 hour ago, Nathan said:

maybe i'm not sure i just went to the control panel and bridged the wireless wifi network to the ethernet port so i could plug in the xbox to get a connection

I had read that that no longer worked like it did in XP and 7. It changed to going into the active connection properties, going to the sharing tab, and checking the "share this connection with others" box.

Try it and let us know :)

9 hours ago, Nathan said:

Everytime i try to get insignia on my xbox it says it can't connect to the server than i go the troubleshooting and it says that the DNS can't be resolved i am running the connection from a bridged connection on my pc could that be causing it?

No, your DNS server settings are causing the problem. 

Start the stock Xbox dashboard, go to the Network Settings menu.

What are the Xbox's IP address, gateway address, and DNS server addresses?

Which replacement dashboard are you running? 

What are the same set of IP addresses for it as requested above?

From Insignia's Connect webpage, it states:

• Most dashboards do not properly support using a DHCP IP with a Static DNS server, and will overwrite your network settings every time they're launched. If you're experiencing connectivity issues, you will need to use their settings to set a static IP and DNS combo, using 46.101.64.175 as your primary DNS and another DNS provider (such as Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1, or Google's 8.8.8.8) as secondary. XBMC will work if it's Network Settings are set to "Default (Dashboard)", as would other dashboards such as LithiumX.

19 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Wait, how did you determine that he had overlooked that in the MS Dash network settings?

A WAG - Wild Ass Guess.  Happened to me. UnleashX changes the Network Configuration used in the MS dashboard.  Thus, you have to manually reset the DNS server to the correct IP address, 46.101.64.175, once you run the MS dashboard to test the connection to Xbox Live/Insignia.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

A WAG - Wild Ass Guess.  Happened to me. UnleashX changes the Network Configuration used in the MS dashboard.  Thus, you have to manually reset the DNS server to the correct IP address, 46.101.64.175, once you run the MS dashboard to test the connection to Xbox Live/Insignia.

I hate unleashx... unless it's for a specific purpose like the text editor. Lol. I'm surprised that there is not an option to use the MS dash IP settings like there is in XBMC.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

I’m glad to know it has a name…WAG. I’ve been making those here and there for years in IT. Lol.  Now I know what to call it. :)

• Like 1