OGXbox.com

X3 Config Live keeps resetting Time and Date

lilkuz2005

Hey I'm was trying to setup Insignia and was getting some network issues and thought it may be the bios or settings in the X3 config live so I took a look at the time and date settings and the year was 2004, so i set the current date and time, rebooted the Xbox and loaded back into config live and it displayed a message "Fixed Datesettings", I then went back to the time and date settings and sure enough it switched back to 2004. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? My Xbox is a v1.0, X3CE modchip running x3 bios version 3294 force progressive scan on banks 1-4 and then banks 5-8 have the standard x3 3294 bios. I have removed the clock cap. Any help would be appreciated. 

IMG_20230907_210145772.jpg

4 minutes ago, lilkuz2005 said:

Hey I'm was trying to setup Insignia and was getting some network issues and thought it may be the bios or settings in the X3 config live so I took a look at the time and date settings and the year was 2004, so i set the current date and time, rebooted the Xbox and loaded back into config live and it displayed a message "Fixed Datesettings", I then went back to the time and date settings and sure enough it switched back to 2004. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? My Xbox is a v1.0, X3CE modchip running x3 bios version 3294 force progressive scan on banks 1-4 and then banks 5-8 have the standard x3 3294 bios. I have removed the clock cap. Any help would be appreciated. 

IMG_20230907_210145772.jpg

It's a known bug with the X3 bios. It won't allow a date past a certain point and it can only be set with a constant Internet connection and being configured to use it. :( I have 3294 overclocked on my 1-4 and then Cerbios on bank 5, and Cerbios maintains proper date settings. :)

2 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

It's a known bug. It won't allow a date past a certain point and it can only be set with a constant Internet connection and being configured to use it. :(

I'm not sure I understand correctly, My Xbox is connected to the network but the time keeps resetting every time the system reboots. how do I force it to use internet time ?

7 minutes ago, lilkuz2005 said:

I'm not sure I understand correctly, My Xbox is connected to the network but the time keeps resetting every time the system reboots. how do I force it to use internet time ?

In Configlive, try

X3ConfigLive

Customize X3 Bios

Check Clock For Errors

I think this uses the internet to correct the date and overwrites the date and time present when it boots. I also believe the Date and Time are configured for internet sync in XBMC, my dashboard. When XBMC boots, if it's hooked up with Ethernet, which it is always, the date and time are correct.

Edit. Doesn't work. I have time sync enabled in the appearance menu, but it did not update. Let me boot with Cerbios.

3 hours ago, lilkuz2005 said:

Make sure you have the correct time zone set in the M$ dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Make sure you have the correct time zone set in the M$ dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hey Dave, I loaded up the stock dash and it was correct. XBMC4Gamers is also correct, and i have it set to internet time sync. X3 config live is still resetting the time and date every time i load it up, its not messing with the dashboard time and date just the config live. I'm not sure if this would cause an issue with Insignia or not? When i run the Insignia troubleshooter I get DNS check failed, I have made sure that the DNS settings are set in x3 config live, xbmc4gamers as well as the stock dash and it still gives that error.

5 hours ago, lilkuz2005 said:

Hey Dave, I loaded up the stock dash and it was correct. XBMC4Gamers is also correct, and i have it set to internet time sync. X3 config live is still resetting the time and date every time i load it up, its not messing with the dashboard time and date just the config live. I'm not sure if this would cause an issue with Insignia or not? When i run the Insignia troubleshooter I get DNS check failed, I have made sure that the DNS settings are set in x3 config live, xbmc4gamers as well as the stock dash and it still gives that error.

The X3 Bios is forcing the wrong time. I don't see why it would cause an issue with insignia. However, Cerbios will allow proper time to be updated with your dashboard as long as your dashboard is configured to update the date and time through the internet. Check out the picture I posted. Cerbios allows it. The X3 Bios I have on my 1 to 4 bank does not allow it. So just throw Cerbios on bank 5 which is switches one two and four.

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

The X3 Bios is forcing the wrong time. I don't see why it would cause an issue with insignia. However, Cerbios will allow proper time to be updated with your dashboard as long as your dashboard is configured to update the date and time through the internet. Check out the picture I posted. Cerbios allows it. The X3 Bios I have on my 1 to 4 bank does not allow it. So just throw Cerbios on bank 5 which is switches one two and four.

Hey Bowlsnapper, it looks like Natetronn got insignia working in this post, I tried all the things he said but i could not get it to work. I really don't want to change my bios setup right now. I may setup a v1.6 Xbox that has an X2 modchip to use with Insignia and leave my 3 X3 consoles the way they are. It just bugs me that the clock settings keep changing in config live! 

8 minutes ago, lilkuz2005 said:

Hey Bowlsnapper, it looks like Natetronn got insignia working in this post, I tried all the things he said but i could not get it to work. I really don't want to change my bios setup right now. I may setup a v1.6 Xbox that has an X2 modchip to use with Insignia and leave my 3 X3 consoles the way they are. It just bugs me that the clock settings keep changing in config live! 

Go to:

X3 Config Live

Customize X3 Bios

XBL Login Disable: Disabled

Then try to connect to Insignia. I think it should work at that point.

If it doesn't work, just use Cerbios. Have the X3 bios on banks 1-4 and then Cerbios on 5. It's how mine is configured.

On 9/8/2023 at 6:18 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

Go to:

X3 Config Live

Customize X3 Bios

XBL Login Disable: Disabled

Then try to connect to Insignia. I think it should work at that point.

If it doesn't work, just use Cerbios. Have the X3 bios on banks 1-4 and then Cerbios on 5. It's how mine is configured.

Hey I found something out today and figured I would post back to let anyone know that runs into this issue, I flashed cerbios and was able to get Insignia setup and working, found out I couldn't force 480p display mode with cerbios and went back to the X3 v3294 that was patched to force 480p, I loaded up Crimson Skies and was signed into xbox live!. I thought it was a fluke so I then IGR back to xbmc4gamers and loaded up Project Gotham Racing 2 and again I was able to log into xbox live. So, it seems to get through the initial Insignia setup you need to use a different bios "like CerBios" but after your setup and working you can switch back to the X3 bios and still be able to connect. 

31 minutes ago, lilkuz2005 said:

Hey I found something out today and figured I would post back to let anyone know that runs into this issue, I flashed cerbios and was able to get Insignia setup and working, found out I couldn't force 480p display mode with cerbios and went back to the X3 v3294 that was patched to force 480p, I loaded up Crimson Skies and was signed into xbox live!. I thought it was a fluke so I then IGR back to xbmc4gamers and loaded up Project Gotham Racing 2 and again I was able to log into xbox live. So, it seems to get through the initial Insignia setup you need to use a different bios "like CerBios" but after your setup and working you can switch back to the X3 bios and still be able to connect. 

Yes, I wasn't explicit in my last post, but you have to connect initially with another bios first. A few initially work, like Evox M8 or Cerbios to initially connect, and then any bios will work, including the X3 bios as long as it's not actively blocking XBL. X3 needs to be configured in X3ConfigLive to not block XBL and it works fine. However, as you experienced, it will not allow the MACS/Initialization process to take place, so cannot be used for that.

Insignia says: Most BIOSes block Xbox Live in some capacity; in our testing we confirmed EvoX M8+ doesn't block Xbox Live. To fix this permanently you could reflash your BIOS, however the xblunblock tool would work if ran before launching your game of choice (this would need to be ran every time you rebooted the console).

The reason for this is: Once the machine account has been built everything is good. The machine account resides in the config area of the HDD from address 0x0000000 to 0x00080000. Assuming this therory is correct, anytime you put a new HDD in you need to run MACS to connect to Insignia initially. https://xboxdevwiki.net/Xbox_Live/Connection_Test

The MACS process is what sort of kicks the Box to life with XBL. Once this data is present on the HDD, as long as the bios isn't actively blocking packets to and from XBL, it should allow you to connect to Insignia without an issue. You can migrate your profile fine with HDD cloning, or you can recover your gamertag using the usual process once MACS has done it's thing on a new HDD. I've done it before with my Origins setup after I moved away from the 160GB HDD. I was honestly surprised it worked.