OGXbox.com

softmodding from HDD copies of mechassault and the exploit

fox

On 9/12/2023 at 9:50 AM, Fringle said:

Or, boot the cerbios install disc and flash the tsop

On 9/12/2023 at 8:54 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mLG7-wDvXTxwU29e0et2StN7F1pVef1s?usp=drive_link

There's everything Cerbios you would want. including UDMA2 through 5. Cerbios tool is also included.

Clarification please. I have discs now but I see nothing on the tool's github page about fixing a botched softmod or doing any other recovery stuff, only customizing logos and themes. So does it have those functions? Nor do I see how I'm supposed to flash the tsop while the modchip necessary to run a burnt disc is still plugged in. That was possible with my xecuter 2.6ce but not with the chameleon. In fact, I hear that almost all the old modchips, when active, make the tsop inaccessible.

Edited by fox

38 minutes ago, fox said:

Nor do I see how I'm supposed to flash the tsop while the modchip necessary to run a burnt disc is still plugged in. That was possible with my xecuter 2.6ce but not with the chameleon. In fact, I hear that almost all the old modchips, when active, make the tsop inaccessible.

This is one of the main reasons I recommend against Softmodding, among others. Certain actions can render the damn thing unusable. 

And yes, If you boot from the LPC, the TSOP is unavailable. Your Xbox wants to flash with the bus it booted from, and that's all it will see. So if you want to update a TSOP, you need to do it in a way that follows you booting from the TSOP, meaning, by using the softmod/Savegame exploit. 

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Assuming you still have a pin-header on the motherboard, just slap in a >$10 Aladdin XT and call it a day.

(Remember to ground D0)

Well, YES, but Maybe let me send you a 10 dollar Aladdin with Cerbios flashed on it, instead of the janky version of Evox that MAY come with it and that you can't upgrade, in many cases, depending on who the seller is.

@fox

56 minutes ago, Marty said:

Assuming you still have a pin-header on the motherboard, just slap in a >$10 Aladdin XT and call it a day.

(Remember to ground D0)

where are they selling that for 10 bucks? I hope to fix these consoles without spending any money (or much more time) but if an aladdin lets me tsop AND it's that's cheap somewhere then that's a valuable tip to me, thank you

1 hour ago, fox said:

where are they selling that for 10 bucks? I hope to fix these consoles without spending any money (or much more time) but if an aladdin lets me tsop AND it's that's cheap somewhere then that's a valuable tip to me, thank you

AliExpress, which takes 2 weeks to ship and may not end up going very well, since you get what you pay for. Do you want me to just ship you an Ali Aladdin flashed with the newest version of Cerbios and a UDMA speed of your choice? I got the chip for 7 bucks. I would sell it for 15, with shipping included. I'm working on making a cable so I can turn them into XBlasts. I have the 1MB SST flash chips already.

An aladdin will allow you to fix your HDD/Dash and will enable you to do a TSOP flash afterward, yes. :)