OGXbox.com

[SOLVED] Duo-X modchip not writeable?

UltimateMe

Hi,

I've found a Xbox with a Duo-X modchip installed. When booting it says Executer2 with the blue logo. It doesn`t recognize all the partitions on my 500GB S-ATA harddrive, so I would like to flash the BIOS. 

I tried flashing through the EvoX dashboard and also with Xblast OS, but both aren`t working (I tried Cerbios and M8plus). Normally I can flash almost everything through Xblast. In the EvoX dashboard it says the Flash isn`t writeable (Manufacturers ID 09, Device ID 00). I can`t find anything regarding write protection. From the info the current kernel version is 1.00.4979.67 

Duo-X.jpeg

12 hours ago, Bgsmods59 said:

the bank selector is missing on the pcb.  The little eproom looks swollen in the photo.  it is the case or not?

duox2.jpg.99c3fa6ff383f5319666253a3e6fa6f5.jpg

It's not swollen. It's the light and a bit of junk sticking on it. It's not an Duo X2 and therefore there is no bank selector if I remember correct. The layout of that part is also different.

after some research I found a post about the flash of this modchip. the method with xblast works without doing anything extra. I think the best thing to do is to identify the component model using xblast for example and find the corresponding diagram. then you have to identify the pin corresponding to the write function and check if it is not cut somewhere. a false contact on a weld that has aged badly is also possible.

5 hours ago, Bgsmods59 said:

after some research I found a post about the flash of this modchip. the method with xblast works without doing anything extra. I think the best thing to do is to identify the component model using xblast for example and find the corresponding diagram. then you have to identify the pin corresponding to the write function and check if it is not cut somewhere. a false contact on a weld that has aged badly is also possible.

Highly probable, I had to reflow several pins around the Xilinx CPLD on my duox2 to repair it. The switch was also faulty, but that's negated on his chip.