OGXbox.com

Flash TSOP without a game or softmod?

Bowlsnapper

I got tomcat's XBlast to revive my coma console. I've determined that the TSOP is corrupt. I would like to flash it, if possible. I don't have a softmod kit, and I don't have a SINGLE Original Xbox game, much less any exploitable ones. This console needs a lot of work, so I would rather TSOP flash it than put a chip in it. I don't even have a HDD yet... still waiting for my check. :)

Can I use the 2021 OGXbox installer disc and the XBlast to flash my TSOP? I understand I might have to use a softmod installation, but do I really need a stupid game? Please help me out here :) Can I just use the Softmod mode of the OGXbox installer?

Edit: No I can't. The softmod mode isn't what I thought it was. Horsefuck. I need to come up with the simplest way to TSOP my consoles as possible. Guess I'll have to use the Sweetdardestiny method. lol. Guess I'll have to buy a softmod kit off ebay.

Just now, Dtomcat18 said:

Yea.  Already answered… but for others.    My understanding is only a softmod would work because when booting off of a modchip… it basically disables the TSOP for that boot.  So you can’t flash it while it’s disabled (not official terms)

I guess what I'm asking is if I can softmod with a laptop and an internet connection. Then disconnect the D0.

35 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Yea.  Already answered… but for others.    My understanding is only a softmod would work because when booting off of a modchip… it basically disables the TSOP for that boot.  So you can’t flash it while it’s disabled (not official terms)

You can skip the softmodding part. The moment after the exploid loads, you just load xblast instead of installing the softmod. But other than that, you're right. Botting of the modchip disables the TSOP so it becomes unflashable - with a few exceptions like XBlast-Lite, Chameleon and maybe 1 or 2 other chips which can control the TSOP.

37 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I guess what I'm asking is if I can softmod with a laptop and an internet connection. Then disconnect the D0.

In short - No. As DTomcat already wrote, booting from the LPC disables the TSOP with the fev exceptions mentioned above.

You could desolder the TSOP and use a usb-flasher and flash it that way.

12 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You can skip the softmodding part. The moment after the exploid loads, you just load xblast instead of installing the softmod. But other than that, you're right. Botting of the modchip disables the TSOP so it becomes unflashable - with a few exceptions like XBlast-Lite, Chameleon and maybe 1 or 2 other chips which can control the TSOP.

In short - No. As DTomcat already wrote, booting from the LPC disables the TSOP with the fev exceptions mentioned above.

You could desolder the TSOP and use a usb-flasher and flash it that way.

I thought this version of XBlast COULD control the TSOP, although, that's for 1mb, not 256k like I have in these 1.4s. I didn't know that at the time. Still a nice chip though... And D0 STILL doesn't work. Why!? Lol What is it with D0 and not working? :) I guess my TSOP is gone unless I buy a xenium or something... 

Well that's fuckin lame. Alright. I'll get a softmod kit and configure it with the Sweetdarkdestiny TSOP flashing setup. So odd that there's no other way to do it... 

7 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I thought this version of XBlast COULD control the TSOP, although, that's for 1mb, not 256k like I have in these 1.4s. I didn't know that at the time. Still a nice chip though... And D0 STILL doesn't work. Why!? Lol What is it with D0 and not working? :) I guess my TSOP is gone unless I buy a xenium or something... 

Well that's fuckin lame. Alright. I'll get a softmod kit and configure it with the Sweetdarkdestiny TSOP flashing setup. So odd that there's no other way to do it... 

The XBlast-Lite can, the XBlast/XBlast-Aladdin's can't 

And, not to sure but in case you have a "spare modchip", hook it up to the console you like to TSOP flash. Copy over the softmod kit and softmod it. Remove the chip. Boot the softmod again and let it finish the job. After that TSOP flash it. Pretty simple.

ANd, I can take a look if I have a 1TSOP laying here. If so, I can throw it with the XBLast-Lite in the parcel I'm going to send you. 

24 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The XBlast-Lite can, the XBlast/XBlast-Aladdin's can't 

And, not to sure but in case you have a "spare modchip", hook it up to the console you like to TSOP flash. Copy over the softmod kit and softmod it. Remove the chip. Boot the softmod again and let it finish the job. After that TSOP flash it. Pretty simple.

ANd, I can take a look if I have a 1TSOP laying here. If so, I can throw it with the XBLast-Lite in the parcel I'm going to send you. 

What allows the lite to be able to do it? Exclusive CPLD?

All I have is this tomcat xblast, other than the aladdin xblast in my 1.6 Halo console... 

Copy over the softmod kit? I dont know what you mean...  I have to have a USB cable and exploitable game? Or can I just copy it to the HDD, install it and TSOP flash?

If you would be willing to help me in that way, I would appreciate it a lot, Sweet. I can use all the chips I can get. :) 

I have to get used to TSOP flashing. You can update the TSOP easily after booting from it, correct? Like, it's easy to maintain an updated bios without going though softmod HELL every time you wanna flash?

1: The Aladdin-XBlast does'nt have the I/O to do it and I would assume not even the code in the little Lattice controller. Basicly it's still an Aladdin with some additions.

2: You have 2 quadrillion header. Solder one of the 20 quadrillion header you have in the box you like to flash. Use a modchip to make the xbox booting so you can use an installer disc. from there you copy the softmod files to the hdd and start the softmod. after thats done, you remove the chip. When thats done, you tsop flash it. That way you don't need a softmodding kit. ^^ 

3: I have 2 1MB TSOP's here. I'm going put one pre-flashed (cerbios) in the parcel. (We all know whats the next topic then right?).

4: Yes.