OGXbox.com

Need front panel trace alternate points

Bowlsnapper

3 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I'm not sure, honestly. I have two halo consoles now and I have a habit of keeping everything I touch. I may sell it though. 

If I mod it, I'd have to use my Halo 1 XBlast Aladdin to do it. But I have no pin header to slip it on with... :( And I'm broke as fuck. Lol

Unfortunately, the top shield is fucked, Alter. Major corrosion...

Remove corrosion from the metal case (top and bottom) and then paint it black. :) Or use one from another xbox.

Why using the Aladdin? No USB-Stick/MC/XBox360MU around? Consider buying one, it's always good to have one on hand. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Remove corrosion from the metal case (top and bottom) and then paint it black. :) Or use one from another xbox.

Why using the Aladdin? No USB-Stick/MC/XBox360MU around? Consider buying one, it's always good to have one on hand. 

I need to invest in a softmod kit to TSOP with your software package, and I need some pin headers in case I wanna use a chip to do it. And I need to buy PCBs and components to build chips with. I will probably do Aladdins with modzville's XBlast programming, which means buying SST and CPLD programmers, I'll do the XBlasts tomcat's building and some openXeniums... and some R3DUX chips if I can actually get a hold of the components and print the switch panel and R3Dux chip. But that's gonna take a little while, unfortunately. I need to tools, too...

14 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Oh, what's the best way to remove the corrosion?

Well..... TBH you should pick something you can make a couple of bucks with. 

Me in your position would sell the hardmodded Halo xbox to make some cash. After that mod the other with a chip. From the rest of the cash buy another xbox you can mod and sell again to make more cash. Simple enough I guess. Needs just a YOU jumping over your own shadow. 

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Oh, what's the best way to remove the corrosion?

Sandpaper in case you are about to paint it.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

8 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Well..... TBH you should pick something you can make a couple of bucks with. 

Me in your position would sell the hardmodded Halo xbox to make some cash. After that mod the other with a chip. From the rest of the cash buy another xbox you can mod and sell again to make more cash. Simple enough I guess. Needs just a YOU jumping over your own shadow. 

Sandpaper in case you are about to paint it.

I edited that previous post if you could read it. But it still contains what you responded to.

It's not a bad idea at ALL, actually... I'm waiting to see if I receive a big retroactive and then monthly chunk of cash from basically being in the situation that put me in the hospital. I'll take action depending on what happens there. Should find out this week, or the beginning of next.

And yeah, I'll fix the top RF shield. lol. Just have to borrow some paint. I have sandpaper. :)