OGXbox.com

XeniumMods v3.xx SneakPeak!

NeMesiS

With regards to this, how is it stealing if the source was never available?

Didnt you and he both say, while they share similar designs that both of your HDMI boards were different and you came to similar conclusions?

does this not imply that it’s entirely possible that Nemesis came to the same conclusion?

I'm trying to understand where it ends up no longer being OK.

Pineapple town puts lines in the sand constantly, and uses tactics like resorting to DMCA takedowns without evidence of their product or software being utilized, while also moving goal posts constantly when it comes to requesting the same information from them. 

One day the novelty is going to wear off, the community at large is already starting to see through the nonsense.

Unless there is absolute proof that Nemesis ripped off his board, then no claims should be made. 

The way this looks from the outside looking in is that this person is releasing a product, and utilizing software that already exists, which is the same thing you all did at MakeMHz, so it appears to be a “do as I say not as I do” situation, especially when it comes to XeniumOS, which is NOT his product, and his own words were the branding was put there to differentiate chips, but conveniently removed features that would remove said branding allowing other makers to utilize the software with “fixes” that didn’t contain MakeMHz on every boot.

2 hours ago, Ryzee119 said:

Hope mods delete those posts above. Seriously guys? Come on, not the place.

My main concern with all this personally is not really the cloning, it's doing it without credit to the original author. It's actively removing credits and attributions. It's trying to hide the obvious fact it is a clone. It's then talking shit about the author in the same breath.

It's not a good precedence to set in a community imo. If someone is unpopular/does things you don't agree in with it's fair game to use all their work without credit?

If they said they were going open source it and it hasn't been done (yet) its still hard to justify stealing it because at this point in time it's not open source. I can see you trying to reference GPL licensing which requires all works to retain attribution to the author and any changes must also be licensed under GPL which you are actually breaking by removing the authors reference then uploading to mega with no credit (if I was to nitpick). I'm not sure the "correct" way to do this but probably a fork with git history showing your changes with credit to the original author somewhere because you are still using the web GUI patches and self destruct patches. I doubt it would have been taken down in that case. Even MakeMhz providing close source stuff for you to use as a reference should have some gratitude though otherwise you'd have nothing.

No one is entitled to Xbox hdmi kits obviously. Anyone can and is encouraged to make one. But the reality is MakeMhz is entitled to his HDMI kit, until the time he chooses to open source it and depending on the licence he chooses even then you'd still be required to retain attribution to the author for sure. Also my HDMI mod is not a clone of his or vice versa. This needs no further explanation and it's abundantly clear it was designed independently.

I know ill get a wall of text with all the bad things MakeMhz has done to justify all this but who the fuck cares. Make you own things even if it feels like reinventing the wheel and you won't have to deal with it at all.

Rest assured if someone was cloning Nems work without attribution and talking shit about him and removing any reference to him as the original author id be in that thread too calling it out. Same with anyone.

13 minutes ago, Milenko said:

does this not imply that it’s entirely possible that Nemesis came to the same conclusion?

I'm still wondering how he came to find the need for the QSB that he's designed, what process did you take? You've already said it's not a clone and it's just similar, but why the need for QSB? What is it doing? What lead you to needing that?

3 minutes ago, eeksdee said:

I'm still wondering how he came to find the need for the QSB that he's designed, what process did you take? You've already said it's not a clone and it's just similar, but why the need for QSB? What is it doing? What lead you to needing that?

I’m not sure, I’d be interested to know as well.

We can make assumptions all day for either potential outcome. Is it a clone and it was required? Is it for organization or a prettier install? Is it because people have big hands? Why use flex cables?

The fact there’s a QSB doesn’t imply anything, and the point is unless there is absolute proof that it’s a clone is this person should be given the same benefit of the doubt that MakeMHz is given consistently.

4 hours ago, Ryzee119 said:

I'm not sure the "correct" way to do this but probably a fork with git history showing your changes with credit to the original author somewhere because you are still using the web GUI patches and self destruct patches. I doubt it would have been taken down in that case.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried contacting the original author back in May, however I had been warned he was inactive. Sure enough it's been over 4 months and I have not heard back from him.

But I'm sure you already knew this since you did your research?

ADCreHcCCDn_poGEMEFKuJUa_GJnVCVyS5g7zXWV

ADCreHcd_SjPsBtl-KwzZDhAD9gQIMLzT1KlZkOu

I can't show my changes if I didn't make any!

I didn't make any changes to the original code with the exception of updating the GPIO to suit my design.
I wrote a completely new python script in order to get the hardware to work with the software.

I thought I had been extremely clear on this in previous posts...
Do you not read my posts, or do you just come here to insight conflict?

I haven't stolen he's credits, it's all there... Don't stress, I'm not pulling a MakeMHz!
Besides myself no one else has tried it, don't you think it's better to have people test it first?

Sure, I had some help with this project and I would love to credit the person who did but I'm afraid that I'll
just be painting a target on their back for you and Dustin to attack.

Now that I think about it, you guys never address my responses or answer my questions.
You come here to discuss matters with me, yet I'm largely ignored...

This is nothing more than a smear campaign!

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried contacting the original author back in May, however I had been warned he was inactive. Sure enough it's been over 4 months and I have not heard back from him.

But I'm sure you already knew this since you did your research?

ADCreHcCCDn_poGEMEFKuJUa_GJnVCVyS5g7zXWV

ADCreHcd_SjPsBtl-KwzZDhAD9gQIMLzT1KlZkOu

I can't show my changes if I didn't make any!

I didn't make any changes to the original code with the exception of updating the GPIO to suit my design.
I wrote a completely new python script in order to get the hardware to work with the software.

I thought I had been extremely clear on this in previous posts...
Do you not read my posts, or do you just come here to insight conflict?

I haven't stolen he's credits, it's all there... Don't stress, I'm not pulling a MakeMHz!
Besides myself no one else has tried it, don't you think it's better to have people test it first?

Sure, I had some help with this project and I would love to credit the person who did but I'm afraid that I'll
just be painting a target on their back for you and Dustin to attack.

Now that I think about it, you guys never address my responses or answer my questions.
You come here to discuss matters with me, yet I'm largely ignored...

I want to point out, that Kooscode is undead, from Team Assembly. Knowing this he would have no issue you building off his designs, as that was his intention in the first place.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

It's not, and nothing I've said in regards to your intent of using Dustin's software binaries on "your" hardware has been untrue. I'm not sure why that programmer repo was DMCA'd, but my only concern in this thread has been the malicious hardware cloning of the HD+ (an active product line) and obvious intent to use Dustin's HD+ software as-is along with it (albeit making others flash it for you), as well as using Dustin's XOS patches for your modchips which pair well with your cloned HD+ hardware. I can't speak as to why Dustin removed Xodus from the XOS menu, and I wasn't referring to the general use of XOS as everyone does it and just assumed that was the common "accepted" (even if still wrong) baseline we've all moved past from, but the patches to it are Dustin's work, not yours.

1 hour ago, Milenko said:

I want to point out, that Kooscode is undead, from Team Assembly. Knowing this he would have no issue you building off his designs, as that was his intention in the first place.

Agreed, he's a cool dude and doubt he would care.

53 minutes ago, Ernegien said:

I can't speak as to why Dustin removed Xodus from the XOS menu, and I wasn't referring to the general use of XOS as everyone does it and just assumed that was the common "accepted" (even if still wrong) baseline we've all moved past from, but the patches to it are Dustin's work, not yours.

He could always release the RE project files he said he would in 2021, which would allow continued COMMUNITY development.

That’d be pretty sweet. Literally the only issue people have is the fact MakeMHz is taped on the logo. 

If the skin was replaced with say, Ryzee’s OpenXenium skin, nobody would give a shit.

IMG_1551.thumb.jpeg.0fd52f7f368f7125cd75f276bac08200.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ernegien said:

It's not, and nothing I've said in regards to your intent of using Dustin's software binaries on "your" hardware has been untrue. I'm not sure why that programmer repo was DMCA'd, but my only concern in this thread has been the malicious hardware cloning of the HD+ (an active product line) and obvious intent to use Dustin's HD+ software as-is along with it (albeit making others flash it for you), as well as using Dustin's XOS patches for your modchips which pair well with your cloned HD+ hardware. I can't speak as to why Dustin removed Xodus from the XOS menu, and I wasn't referring to the general use of XOS as everyone does it and just assumed that was the common "accepted" (even if still wrong) baseline we've all moved past from, but the patches to it are Dustin's work, not yours.

Ernegien, do you notice that you and Ryzee, who both have aliances with MakeMHZ and whom assumedly have something to lose, are the only ones that share the opinion you do? Do you notice that pretty much everybody here does not agree with you, and in fact is ridiculing you? Do you feel that we are not fully informed and would just change our opinions if we had all the facts? Do you feel that we are ignorant as a whole, and that only you and Ryzee are enlightened and wise enough to see the light and get it? Do you just feel like we basically have no idea what we are talking about? You/MakeMHZ are manufacturing/designing products for the Xbox community. The community ITSELF is trying to tell you that they don't want MakeMHZ products and want an alternative and that they see nothing morally or ethically wrong with what Nemesis is doing, and have presented numerous solid points to back up their opinions. They are the majority, by a long shot. You are the minority. You are trying to tell the Xbox community what they should not want and why. Why are you trying to dictate to the market what it is they should be buying and what it is they should believe? You have continued to do this repeatedly and have been told repeatedly that nobody really shares your opinion. Do you understand how you are appearing at this point to us all? This is becoming so absurd.

You say that what you are trying to tell us "is not an opinion", it is fact. So if that's the case, do you feel that basically the entire Xbox community is ignorant and that you understand things that we do not? Are we stupid? Are 98% of us wrong? Can you point to examples in this thread of anybody but you and Ryzee expressing these "facts"? In all 500+ posts?

God DAMN, dude...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ernegien said:

"The problem with making assumptions is that we believe they are the truth! We invent a whole story that's only truth for us, but we believe it. One assumption leads to another assumption; we jump to conclusions, and we take our story very personally"

Since starting this thread I have made no announcements as to what I'm doing for firmware.
Your basing everything assumption...

On 9/19/2023 at 5:42 PM, NeMesiS said:

I could speculate the same things about MakeMHz, it's awfully similar to your xboxhdmi mod.
Which begs the question, who copied who?

AIL4fc_dGEs69wWCqFoGOH67fC6SPlCJKvzbGqde

I didn't think that was a problem, after all Dustin did commit to OpenSourcing the hardware.
Does this imply that the XboxHD+ is based on OpenSource hardware? 

AIL4fc8RpdnkDcdKfB4bUArgVybZpobIxd3fgmIH

Then why spend so much time and effort on the subject.
So, am I in the clear for the hardware side of things?

Have I done something wrong by selling Xenium modchips?
I'm far from being the only person to have done so.

AIL4fc_43dO_XmLXKdOIy36t4ypKFOAqywbb0TfP

You're jumping the gun a little, the project is still in active development.
I don't even have a working prototype yet.
We'll just have to wait and see what this project evolves to.

Correct...

"But for the sake of argument"
The community just needed the hardware, I don't need to include a firmware on my end.
It will be up to the end user which firmware they choose to use, much like a bios.
All I've done is given the community an alternate option, which is what they wanted.

This wouldn't be the case if MakeMHz focused on having good public relations instead of
attacking everyone including their own customers.

And anti-competitive behavior like this: "https://teamxodus.com/"
For myself and many others this was crossing one line too many...

False or misleading claims
Claims that businesses make about their products or services should be accurate, true and based on reasonable grounds. It’s against the law for a business to make false or misleading claims.

Not delivering products and services that are paid for
Businesses must not accept payment for products or services that they don’t intend to supply.

Pressuring and harassing consumers
It’s against the law for a business to use physical force, coercion or undue harassment against consumers.

Unconscionable conduct
Unconscionable conduct is behaviour so harsh that it goes against good conscience. Under consumer law, businesses must not act unconscionably towards consumers or other businesses.

Business behaviour that is potentially illegal
Business behaviour substantially lessens competition when it interferes with or damages the competitive process in a market in a meaningful way. This is usually by deterring, hindering or preventing competition.

Misuse of market power
It's not illegal to have market power. However, businesses must not misuse this power to stop other businesses competing on their merits.

"Conclusion"
I could go on, but the bottom line is that I'm not crossing any lines that MakeMHz hasn't already!
Some forget that this is a hacking community, I accepted the risks that go along with that years ago.
And so has anyone else that has used modified bioses, emulators and games...

20 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Sounds like to me that MakeMHz is trying to claim ownership over "XeniumOS" with the sole purpose of hindering the community as they have absolutely zero use for it.

"xenium-update" by Dustin is OpenSource and covered under GNU licensing.

ADCreHdjFGURHQo0Zux6fp3WH3ZFoIJ1mMbQiHH2

ADCreHfBPl3niSE_6gZ2kunaX4vDxdppJTkTtc79

And this what I get in return for OpenSourcing my work on the Xenium-Programmer (aka XeniumPGR) to the community.

ADCreHfKwp0yky-grm8Crn4aRHOHsW997Ou0tdrC

ADCreHdudVD3p_4HXgE3833vhaOl3FrzpxzuT5MQ

I haven't supplied anything that wasn't already on GitHub other than my own works.

ADCreHddVsULMn7EOh80KLkPuIb1uwX_zj7lomd6

ADCreHezrzP7GqgTK6qVaElwSLRbUrvaHdZh3WgV

It wouldn't surprise me if MakeMHz starts attacking OGXbox related GitHubs in the near future!

12 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Seeing that you're a moderator for MakeMHz are you speaking on Dustin's behalf?

There's a good chance that people bought into MakeMHz's HDMI with the expectations of it being OpenSourced.
I can see why there has been so much backlash, as far as people knew they were supporting an OpenSourced
project. Instead, Dustin chose to take advantage of he's own customers with false and misleading claims.

Essentially defrauding people! (again...)

Dustin has had years to OpenSource the project but if I don't do something within 1-week you guys attack me?
And (when) he does OpenSource the project what was the point of any of this... credit?

Show me where MakeMhz credits teamxodus!

ADCreHeFlNym-4x9VAbtS78_tJLGRle4zvNK7o71

ADCreHfOy9xPj8XLI-xp9qhBztQ22URMzx7BM-QY

Are you fucking serious, isn't that exactly what MakeMhz did with teamxodus?

What right did Dustin have to purchase teamxodus domain and redirect it to his site?
This is all because MakeMHz was removed from XeniumOS...
All I did was return it back to it's original state giving the original authors the credit they disserved!
And what the fuck does that matter when Dustin stole that too?
So, it's perfectly acceptable for MakeMHz to steal people's work and take credit for it?

They obviously can't even live up to their own expectations!

If this not a smear campaign, then why don't you reply to my concerns?
Instead of trying to attack me from every angle possible even if it's irrelevant.
It doesn't matter what I say, you ignore and continue with further accusations!

On 9/8/2023 at 6:52 AM, Ryzee119 said:

I don't really care about cloning the hardware that much to be honest but to achieve the goals of the project I'd thought you be having to do something different.

Then why go to all this effort?
Because it's obvious to everyone here that it indeed this is a smear campaign!

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Ernegien, do you notice that you and Ryzee, who both have aliances with MakeMHZ and whom assumedly have something to lose, are the only ones that share the opinion you do? Do you notice that pretty much everybody here does not agree with you, and in fact is ridiculing you? Do you feel that we are not fully informed and would just change our opinions if we had all the facts? Do you feel that we are ignorant as a whole, and that only you and Ryzee are enlightened and wise enough to see the light and get it? Do you just feel like we basically have no idea what we are talking about? You/MakeMHZ are manufacturing/designing products for the Xbox community. The community ITSELF is trying to tell you that they don't want MakeMHZ products and want an alternative and that they see nothing morally or ethically wrong with what Nemesis is doing, and have presented numerous solid points to back up their opinions. They are the majority, by a long shot. You are the minority. You are trying to tell the Xbox community what they should not want and why. You have continued to do this repeatedly and have been told repeatedly that nobody really shares your opinion. Do you understand how you are appearing at this point to us all? This is becoming so absurd.

You say that what you are trying to tell us "is not an opinion", it is fact. So if that's the case, do you feel that basically the entire Xbox community is ignorant and that you understand things that we do not? Are we stupid? Are 98% of us wrong? Can you point to examples in this thread of anybody but you and Ryzee expressing these "facts"? In all 500+ posts?

God DAMN, dude...

Well said!

What do you call it the?

an attempt to be the biggest dickhead in the room? Because that’s all I see right now!

• Like 2

What makes me laugh about all of this, is these people will parrot “Dustin’s lack/decisions of X is not for me to speak on” but will defend him to their dying breath if even the faintest wiff of someone else doing something he/they have done. It’s definitely for them to speak on then, but not if it’s something that may affect him or their kick backs (assuming, no way this is free support)

They use the same logic whenever it’s brought up that he’s a convicted fraudster, and accused rapist.

So at the end of the day, no attribution is bad, building hardware using the same chipsets and lucking out in software compatibility is bad, asking about why X Y Z was promised to be opened sourced but never done, is bad. DMCA claims on unrelated repos is good, even without proof of such.

But ripping people off and possibly raping someone is fine, people change, or “we can’t speak about that”.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ernegien said:

I wish you the best of luck proving me wrong.

We already HAVE, Ernegien. You were just intentionally convoluting what it was we were trying to prove the rightfulness of.

Now lets get back to being happy about the GOOD that is being done for our community, instead of the bullcrap that Dustin has chosen to taint it with by acting greedy and forcing people to buy his modchip if they want to use his HDMI encoder.

6 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

We already HAVE, Ernegien. You were just intentionally convoluting what it was we were trying to prove the rightfulness of.

Now lets get back to being happy about the GOOD that is being done for our community, instead of the bullcrap that Dustin has chosen to taint it with by acting greedy and forcing people to buy his modchip if they want to use his HDMI encoder.

He’s within his right to do so, but like I said earlier. People need to give every maker the benefit of the doubt as they do with MakeMHz consistently.

Also, if you “can’t speak on” the negatives attributed to the guy, don’t try to be his white knight in the comments sections. It makes you look like a schill, which is wild for people who say they don’t want drama.

7 hours ago, Milenko said:

He’s within his right to do so, but like I said earlier. People need to give every maker the benefit of the doubt as they do with MakeMHz consistently.

Also, if you “can’t speak on” the negatives attributed to the guy, don’t try to be his white knight in the comments sections. It makes you look like a schill, which is wild for people who say they don’t want drama.

I guess he's technically allowed to do it. However we're within our right to tell him that we think it's bullcrap.

29 minutes ago, ACE_AU said:

Why would NeM want to or need to “prove” anything to you?? Such a stupid request! As you are who? And you have to have this “proven” to keep you’re simple mind happy.

go figure!

While I agree it’s a bullshit take, he’s definitely not simple. That’s xbox7887.

23 minutes ago, Milenko said:

While I agree it’s a bullshit take, he’s definitely not simple. That’s xbox7887.

Lol! I dont care who he is. He is crossing lines and no matter who he may or may not be he has no right to rights that he feels he has or he’s owed. Unfortunately he’s nobody to me.

• Like 1

They're completely ignoring my responses and questions which make it absolutely impossible to have a
meaningful conversation with them. I suggest we do the same, ignore them and give them nothing.
They're only purpose here is to insight hate and conflict within the community...

It's a shame to see a small handful of people ruining it for everyone else, I'm sure there are good
people within the MakeMHz community and I hold no offence to them. But I have never seen such
behavior in the 20 years I've been working with OGXbox's...

I will not give into intimidation and harassment; it only adds fuel to the fire and drives me further.
I will continue working on projects as I did but I will not post anymore updates on the HDMI mod
until development has been completed and ready for release...

This will be the last time I will address any hostile MakeMHz members on this thread!
I can only suggest that others should do the same, ignore them and give them nothing.
I have nothing more to say on the matter...

NeMesiS

• Like 11

8 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

They're completely ignoring my responses and questions which make it absolutely impossible to have a
meaningful conversation with them. I suggest we do the same, ignore them and give them nothing.
They're only purpose here is to insight hate and conflict within the community...

It's a shame to see a small handful of people ruining it for everyone else, I'm sure there are good
people within the MakeMHz community and I hold no offence to them. But I have never seen such
behavior in the 20 years I've been working with OGXbox's...

I will not give into intimidation and harassment; it only adds fuel to the fire and drives me further.
I will continue working on projects as I did but I will not post anymore updates on the HDMI mod
until development has been completed and ready for release...

This will be the last time I will address any hostile MakeMHz members on this thread!
I can only suggest that others should do the same, ignore them and give them nothing.
I have nothing more to say on the matter...

NeMesiS

I'm sad that we will no longer see HDMI updates... 

How to compile pineapple free XeniumOS v2.3.5b

ADCreHcsaK0GrDEFsDAMw_ZFhsGsTBZ3-SO82M67

Introduction:
In this guide I will be showing everyone how to update XeniumOS to v2.3.5 whilst retaining the Original Skin!
And explaining things along the way using nothing but GitHub repositories...

Notes:
I actually haven't done this before, the file I previously supplied was given to me.
I'm not sure who compiled it as by the time I got it, it had passed through many hands.

Caution:
Use at your own risk! 
Only recommended those who know how to recovery their modchip if anything goes wrong.

Edited by NeMesiS
  • Like 4

Step 1: Fresh install of XeniumOS v2.3.1...

We will need to download both "XeniumTools v1.1" by Ryzee and "Xenium-FW-Update v2.3.5" by MakeMHz
default.xbe: https://github.com/Ryzee119/Xenium-Tools/releases/tag/V1.1
xenium-fw-update.zip: https://github.com/MakeMHz/xenium-fw-update/releases/tag/v2.3.5

ADCreHe1xh0k7ssKDlM95EDnvdteGpbvgXidj8qu

Create two folders "XeniumTools" and "XeniumUpdate".
Extract "xenium-fw-update.zip" and move "xenium-fw-update.xbe" to the "XeniumUpdate"
folder and rename it to "default.xbe"
Next move "recovery.bin" from "xenium-fw-update.zip" to the "XeniumTools" folder along
with XeniumTools "default.xbe"

ADCreHdYZj4PO9QXhGrTlP65vO_upR4AVKTujOWb

Turn on your console with your Xenium modchip installed and boot into a dashboard.
Using FTP transfer both the "XeniumTools" and "XeniumUpdate" folders to "E:\Apps\"
Also transfer another copy of "recovery.bin" to "E:\recovery.bin" as a safety measure.

ADCreHd5K0r3hcyCf0ANx3J_PsWoa4UqkP3WuCyB

Now launch "XeniumTools" and select "Write XeniumOS 2.3.1 Update File" then "recovery.bin"
This will install a fresh copy of XeniumOS v2.3.1 using the recovery.bin
Then select "Dump Xenuim Flash Memory" to create a dump of XeniumOS v2.3.1

ADCreHcL4nzcL0D3iEM2TwpihIsknNVkV3_Clh-I

Reboot your console, transfer the dump to your PC for later use...

Edited by NeMesiS

Step 2: Update XeniumOS v2.3.1 to v2.3.5...

Launch "XeniumUpdate" and hold "X" to continue.
This will update the bootloader with improvements while at the same time embedding
a modified skin and removing the ability to use custom skins by updating "XOS Data".
Essentially forcing MM branding upon everyone whether they liked it or not.

ADCreHfbgzNENZ4rdsmXCde850lWwnkRqDksQO5q

After "XeniumUpdate" has completed "reboot" your console and launch "XeniumTools".
Once again select "Dump Xenium Flash Memory" to create a dump of XeniumOS v2.3.5
We should now have a dump of both "XeniumOS v2.3.1" and "XeniumOS v2.3.5"

ADCreHeZWJNCG4YpVv1CK0ZGquX-gvhEhnbo57hp

Exit "XeniumTools" and transfer that dump to your PC as well...