OGXbox.com

XeniumMods v3.xx SneakPeak!

NeMesiS

16 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

AIL4fc_RGdswe1kWWBvP8pFomre_pZ8gvPD3aW2R

There are also these adpters that quote "This adapter change Tulaltin CPU(FC-PGA2) interface to Coppermine CPU(FC-PGA) interface."

Intel Tualatin CPU PCB-type Adapter | eBay

Is it "adaptor" or "adapter"? Nevermind...

"Since the two words share the same meaning, it's best to use adapter in the U.S. and adaptor in the U.K."

Just the adaptor... No CPU...

You talking about this?

Just now, Bowlsnapper said:

I see IDE up top, and SATA connectors below. And what I believe is a jumper on the left. Looks like the startech adapter.

Taa Daa...

Actually, wasn't my intention to reverse engineer the adaptor. I wanted to make a SATA adaptor based on the MARVELL ic to suit 3.5" drives. I couldn't find a datasheet for the ic for the life of me but I did come across something much better, I found a reference schematic. As the reference schematic wasn't exactly clear on a few variables, I revered engineered the adaptor. I still want to do the 3.5" adaptor but since I have a draft for a 2.5" version, probably wouldn't hurt to prototype it...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NeMesiS said:

Taa Daa...

Actually, wasn't my intention to reverse engineer the adaptor. I wanted to make a SATA adaptor based on the MARVELL ic to suit 3.5" drives. I couldn't find a datasheet for the ic for the life of me but I did come across something much better, I found a reference schematic. As the reference schematic wasn't exactly clear on a few variables, I revered engineered the adaptor. I still want to do the 3.5" adaptor but since I have a draft for a 2.5" version, probably wouldn't hurt to prototype it...

Nice work buddy! You are a talented man. I'm sure some type of cheap adaptation can be used for use with 3.5 drives, correct?

Just now, Bowlsnapper said:

Nice work buddy! You are a talented man. I'm sure some type of cheap adaptation can be used for use with 3.5 drives, correct?

Yea well, I want it to be more purposed for the xbox...

Having the full size molex in the correct orientation.

Might even be able to have a switch to select from 3x different UDMA speeds

I was thinking about adding a PHD connector so that the DVD cable can be connected to it for DVD elimination but with Cerbios I don't think that's necessary anymore. I do wonder if that DVD cable could power a HDD on it's own...

• Like 1

AIL4fc8Ow2K_Xyo3Pox4JrHHgvFY3vLz8r0-7ynu

Another project I'd like to start working on once I've finished the HDMI mod, is to try and upgrade the MCU for the OGX360 as the current Atmega32u4 is it's limiting factor for any further firmware improvements. I've already discussed this with Ryzee119 on he's GitHub but we couldn't decide which MCU to go with. So to show some initiative I want to retro fit the STM32 development board to Ryzee's 4 channel OGX360 board. I may just do an adaptor board and instead of routing traces I'll just have a bunch of pads and I'll route everything with kynar wire for testing. Along with STM32duino bootloader the firmware shouldn't require too many changes for it to work.

STM32duino (github.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

Damn that's a shame.

Can't win them all...

Just happy the cables are sorted now and all my thought on that can go in the recycle bin...

53 minutes ago, trencherfield said:

Ha, megga. I was thinking of that the other day, trust you! Looks superb.

Them 'Startech' red ones have almost got that....... what's the phrase....?...... (where's Bowlsnapper) 'Retro Gaming Price' now 😜 haha

The problem will be sourcing the MARVELL ic...

7 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Yea well, I want it to be more purposed for the xbox...

Having the full size molex in the correct orientation.

Might even be able to have a switch to select from 3x different UDMA speeds

I was thinking about adding a PHD connector so that the DVD cable can be connected to it for DVD elimination but with Cerbios I don't think that's necessary anymore. I do wonder if that DVD cable could power a HDD on it's own...

The chip supports UDMA speeds?