OGXbox.com

Openxenium chip build question

ThaBubba

Hello everyone and thanks for any help! Question is on a s29al016d70tfi010 vs 020. I know the difference is 010 top boot and 020 bottom boot. Will 020 sub for a 010? 
from the data sheets I’ve looked at I know the. S29al016d / s29al016j are compatible with the am29lv and mbm29lv. Thanks again

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

If we're having trouble sourcing parts for this thing, maybe I should quit giving people so much shit about their Aladdins and telling them to get xeniums all the time. :P

I purchased one of those USB Programmers to try and flash the fake chips on an Aladdin but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd rather use an Openxenium, just seems so much more straight forward.

• Like 1

I was sent 02s from Ali in place of 01s.  They’re still in original package as they are basically garbage

EDIT:  there were some trying to rewrite code to make it work with 02s, but I haven’t seen any progress on it (but haven’t been looking either). It’s been a few months… so there may be progress on it.  Don’t remember where I seen the info though

Edited by Dtomcat18
Add extra

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, UserFriendly said:

I purchased one of those USB Programmers to try and flash the fake chips on an Aladdin but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd rather use an Openxenium, just seems so much more straight forward.

Dude, right? The Aladdin just seems to have so many inherent problems with programming.