Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Dezra Uriko

Looking for Unleash X Skins

Where is the best place to look for skins for unleashx? 

almost all links i got to are dead and il left with crappy looking ones and i hate it 

any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are some in the downloads section and forum threads here at ogXbox.com:

and at Please login or register to see this link. .

Edited by KaosEngineer

8 minutes ago, Eric Thompson said:

Will theXVGM have dashboard skins?

explain a little more, i did a complete install of xvgm maybe i can answer your question

1 minute ago, Eric Thompson said:

Hello,I just cant find skins like animatrix anywhere!

Sorry Eric, i've lost you.

XVGM is a skin for unleashX that leverages videos to give the apperance of a much fuller GUI experience.

Its an incredibly ambitious piece of work once you breakdown what its taken to get it to this point.

18 hours ago, michael24h said:

Where I can find this skins

VIDEO REMOVED - See in OP's post above

How do I install it? I've seen many tutorials on it and I can't make it work.

Which particular skin(s)?  Don't say ALL.  Start with a few of the best you are mainly interested in. There are many shown.

Edited by KaosEngineer

I have compiled a small collection after downloading skins over the years and also purchasing modded consoles.  I'll comb through what is uploaded here and do some comparison.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:14 PM, Eric Thompson said:

or that awesome hulk skin!

Is this the hulk skin you mention?

[4955]Hulk_ZXB1.zip

I think I have the animatrix skin too but the HDD it is stored on is currently messed up.  Have some parts on order to try and fix it.  Will look at my getting places in the meantime.  I sure thought I'd installed it on my Xbox b4 but it is not there now.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

Hello Gents.

I got unleash blueshapes. looks very nice.

But how do you change main menu (adding or removing categories) 

Not FTP pass.

If that shudl be don in Format Menu then, what its password.

Thanks

Edited by michael24h

8 hours ago, michael24h said:

Hello Gents.

I got unleash blueshapes. looks very nice.

But how do you change main menu (adding or removing categories) 

Not FTP pass.

If that shudl be don in Format Menu then, what its password.

Thanks

You edit the menu in config.xml.

The Format menu item is used to format the HDD has nothing to do with formatting the menu entries. (Passcode: AYBX)

Setup of the skin's look and menu is split across two XML files

Any skin name listed without being surrounded by < and > symbols are built into UnleashX and cannot be modified.  If you want to use a modifiable Blueshapes skin you'll need to add a copy of its skin.xml file to a subfolder in UnleashX's skins folder.

Rocky5 extracted the builtin skins from UnleashX's default.xbe file.  The ZIP archive is attached.

UnleashX default Skins.zip

However, skin.xml only changes the look of the skin.  The shapes and graphics used to create the background that menu items and dashboard information variable values (text): date/time, IP address, partition freespaces, etc. are displayed on.  The menu itself (category items) are found in UnleashX's config.xml file in the <Menu>...</Menu> section. You use a text editor to edit the file, save it, FTP upload the updated copy - overwrite the current file, then reboot.

See the Menu section of the Xbox Softmodding Tool's UnleashX config.xml below:

Please login or register to see this code.

Resources

For more info on using UnleashX and skinning options read the UnleashX Tutorial/User Guide PDF attached:

UnleashX Tutorial.pdf

Edited by KaosEngineer

1 hour ago, michael24h said:

do you know where I can get icons pack for emulators ?

I possibly have some but on a currently dysfunctional hard drive.  I had an xbox-skins archive with many skins, etc. but don't know if there were emulator icon sets in it.

Do you have any examples of the style you are looking for?

Update:  N163LPH03N1X has some sets of icons.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by KaosEngineer

3 hours ago, michael24h said:

can I run CoinOPS and NINJA from same partion drive ? 

Yes.  Currently have CoinOps Massive, CoinOps 8 Gems  & Ninja Massive running off of E:\.  I also have XBMC4Gamers running on the same partition. Keep in mind it's a 2TB drive.