Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

ivanochance

XEnium Ice Flashing

So you got one of these suckers installed in your 1.6 xbox, me too.

Change the stock HD for a 500GB one.

I got into the xenium os from boot, and loaded retail dashboard to change the clock, spot on. Rebooted back to Xenium, and loaded Evo, and setup my ftp ip, and noticed my hd only registered 129gb,well i was having non of it. So i ftp'd xpartioner 1.3 over, ran it and it told me i needed lba48 version 2, hmmm.

Now this part is what i found online after massive searches and swearing bouts.

Remember the usb lead you got for softmodding, well your gonna need it again with your flash drive. put your Hexen disk into pc and extract the bios file. The one you need for the 1.6 is (evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin) put this file as is onto your flash drive.

Plug drive into xbox, and boot to xenium os. select launch menu, and add new item, pick flash and select your evox file, name it give it a colour, and launch it.  Job Done if you get any problem give us a yell.

20170801_152128.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Frank D'Agostino
      Picked up a $5 Xbox off of local buy and sell site in Ontario Canada. Got the Xbox working notice it had a modchip got the modchip working it was a xenium chip.. when I was in the mod chip options I noticed that there was a bunch of skins five in total. I contacted a few of my friends who told me that these are very hard to come across some may even say rare. So now I upload to everyone in the forms here. Please download and enjoy these beautiful hard to find skins. And please share and pass these around.
      Use 7-Zip to unzip
      Thank u
      Frank
    • By Frank D'Agostino
      Picked up a $5 Xbox off of local buy and sell site in Ontario Canada. Got the Xbox working notice it had a modchip got the modchip working it was a xenium chip.. when I was in the mod chip options I noticed that there was a bunch of skins five in total. I contacted a few of my friends who told me that these are very hard to come across some may even say rare. So now I upload to everyone in the forms here. Please download and enjoy these beautiful hard to find skins. And please share and pass these around.

Thank u
      Frank
      XeniumOS skins.7z
    • By codeasm
      Only recently ive been looking at this manufacturing proces part where they get the kernel on the motherboard.
      "our" Blake Clements @OGXbox Admin linked me at facebook to the following url: Please login or register to see this link.
      look at the Modchip part.

It states that
        But I do not know if this is said based on the observation mentioned or based on internal Microsoft or flextronics manufacturing personal.

Blake also said that:
      So, the LPC port was used for programming? A bed of nails (pogo pins) should and probably be used to connect the write enable pins on the motherboard to enable the flash writing of the then onboard tsop.
      I do not know for sure if this is posible but I rather for now asume it was. because we cant flash tsop today whne the xbox has been booted from LPC (modchip boots can only flash modchip, not the tsop, even of you remove the modchip prior to flashing)

Connecting to lpc and connecting the write enable lines using pogopins could be done, altho I dont know how they would write to flash from LPC. the MCPX doesnt allow flash write in a LPC boot right? maybe a unkown mode? anyway, pure onboard tsop writing by connecting to the tsop directly would be a pain, but posible with fine pitched pins. not sure if the board would allow that with the mcpx on the same wires.

All logic I can come up with is that MS would send their kernel to the tsop manufactorer and let them preprogram all tsops before soldering. then at the factory MS could use a bed of pogopins and a "recovery disk" to install a newer kernel if  they wanted as long as the xbox booted from tsop.

any other sources or interviews that claim or verify either side are welcome. movies and pictures of this proces too. most details I know came or will be added to: Please login or register to see this link.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.