Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Introducing my new project: ArdPromSD


Recommended Posts

Thank you. So far it is.  Waiting on more stuff to ensure everything works (add on usb board and reset button to ensure you can upload firmware). Then I’ll test on my 1.0 board (vanilla… not modded in anyway… LPC holes still filled with solder)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Thank you. So far it is.  Waiting on more stuff to ensure everything works (add on usb board and reset button to ensure you can upload firmware). Then I’ll test on my 1.0 board (vanilla… not modded in anyway… LPC holes still filled with solder)

I'm interested in seeing that and how you'll be hooking it up without the pin header.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the board is all tested and passed!  Works great.  I did do some code change to make a bit better.  I'll be making the boards promised next week (hopefully).  I do have family coming to town, so may be pushed until after Turkey day.  If you messaged me interested in a board, I'll message when I have all the boards made and tested.  I do not foresee anything that will not make them work... but I'll keep you posted.  Thank you for all the interest.  

P.S.  Just thought of another test i wanted to do... so I'll try to run that test tomorrow.   All my tests were on a hard modded 1.6 board... I do have a 1.0 board that is untouched.  I'll see if it all works on that board... then I'll give the green light for the rest of the boards.

 

Video: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just tested on 1.0 board (couldn't wait lol)... it works!


EDIT:  didn't test how I thought I would.  I wanted to use pogo pins, but they wouldn't fit into the pin header socket.  So I just used some pins I had laying around and just pressed them onto the filled in LPC port.  took a few tries, but it worked!  I did not test writing, because keep the connection long enough might be an issue.  If i made a jig with pogo pins, I know it would!  So... it's REALLY easy if you have a pin header in the LPC port... if not, then you really need someway to get pogo pins connected.  To write the eeprom, you'd only have to hold it in place like 10 seconds.  it's really fast.

Edited by Dtomcat18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love one of these, I have a couple of consoles in the loft that have corrupted eeproms which my usual way of reading/writing has not fixed. I'm in the Uk though so shipping costs might make it impractical. Are you releasing the board layout etc? If so, hopefully someone on this side of the pond will pick up the design and produce a few for us fellow brits :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2022 at 3:02 AM, nikeymikey said:

I'd love one of these, I have a couple of consoles in the loft that have corrupted eeproms which my usual way of reading/writing has not fixed. I'm in the Uk though so shipping costs might make it impractical. Are you releasing the board layout etc? If so, hopefully someone on this side of the pond will pick up the design and produce a few for us fellow brits :) 

Yes.  I’ll be releasing it as open source. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My boards are done and tested!  All seems good!  They still need pin header and test in Xbox (to test i2c). I don’t foresee any issues though.  If all passes, I’ll try to get the board uploaded by this weekend. Also created a test firmware to ensure all components are working (aside from i2c).

 

if you messaged me about wanting one… I’ll message you after final testing.  Expect a message around Thursday/Friday. 

5B4A7A4C-6209-4670-92B7-C44A13799855.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dtomcat18 said:

My boards are done and tested!  All seems good!  They still need pin header and test in Xbox (to test i2c). I don’t foresee any issues though.  If all passes, I’ll try to get the board uploaded by this weekend. Also created a test firmware to ensure all components are working (aside from i2c).

 

if you messaged me about wanting one… I’ll message you after final testing.  Expect a message around Thursday/Friday. 

5B4A7A4C-6209-4670-92B7-C44A13799855.jpeg

Awesome to hear it! I definitely look forward to seeing the message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.