OGXbox.com

Patches 720p for Half-Life 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black

On 15/10/2022 at 10:18, dust08 said:

Here's an idea, I wonder if half life 2 has a different internal resolution than what ogxhd is looking for? That might be why you are getting the correct vertical but not horizontal, might be a good place to start, you could just look for 480 in the hex and find the horizontal in the same area and replace with 1280. I would try and experiment with this as well but my xbox is broken right now and I need to find out what the issue is and fix it at some point.

On 15/10/2022 at 00:27, Bowlsnapper said:

Dude, holy shit. That's awesome! Nice work Felipe! You should post a thread with the HL2 xbe you patched so we can use it! So it'll run on 64MB of RAM. That's good news. Do you experience any framerate stuttering or slowdowns, or does it run pretty smoothly?

Edit: Oh, it still has the mosaic problem. Well, that might be why it's running so well, It's running at 720x720. That would keep the framerates decent and the framebuffer from running out of RAM 😛

Keep at it, man. I would be VERY impressed if you could find the right hex address for horizontal resolution.

Okay, I am confused from reading the posts. Felipe, is HL2 still in mosaic, or did you fix that problem?

Goodnight!!! I'm going to try to apply Widescreen already in the patched file for 720p, I'm using OGXHD in a virtual machine on Windows XP but it doesn't want to do 16:9, Every time I select the option it crashes but I'll try with Windows 7. That's how I got the patch in "default.xbe" I made the 720p patch without selecting 16:9 for it to work and then played again for OGXHD simply incrementing the Widescreen code and it worked. But now I want to do the same thing with "hl2_xbox.xbe" but the tool is crashing on Windows XP so I will have to use 7. If I can't do it that way, I'll have to go with Hexadecimal even with that "Scale" scheme that I said. The problem is that looking at it today, these dimensions seem to be just textures and not resolution so I think it's another code I will still look for another.

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

1 hour ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Goodnight!!! I'm going to try to apply Widescreen already in the patched file for 720p, I'm using OGXHD in a virtual machine on Windows XP but it doesn't want to do 16:9, Every time I select the option it crashes but I'll try with Windows 7. That's how I got the patch in "default.xbe" I made the 720p patch without selecting 16:9 for it to work and then played again for OGXHD simply incrementing the Widescreen code and it worked. But now I want to do the same thing with "hl2_xbox.xbe" but the tool is crashing on Windows XP so I will have to use 7. If I can't do it that way, I'll have to go with Hexadecimal even with that "Scale" scheme that I said. The problem is that looking at it today, these dimensions seem to be just textures and not resolution so I think it's another code I will still look for another.

SO you're saying that the scaling resolutions you found are for placing things like the HUD in the right places, but not the actual resolution that the game is being rendered in. I think I understand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 12:34 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

Our language barrier is both hilarious and fun.

On 10/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, dust08 said:

Good job man! 

Good night guys, manu I got more results with a lot of research, I converted the HL2 executable to .txt in CXBX and guess what it marks the magic value of the executable and this is the dimensions the only problem is that I have to type this value in the MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO... Is there another tool that edits C++ programming other than it? Editing this was already perfect wheel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Good night guys, manu I got more results with a lot of research, I converted the HL2 executable to .txt in CXBX and guess what it marks the magic value of the executable and this is the dimensions the only problem is that I have to type this value in the MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO... Is there another tool that edits C++ programming other than it? Editing this was already perfect wheel

Why can't you use VS?

• 1 year later...