OGXbox.com

Tsop flashed and hdd upgrade

tonyhhhh

Hi new to all this , managed to softmod and tsop flash my1.0 xbox and i have a IDE from a old xbox.

I have been trying to use that but wheni put it in and try boot hexen it wont boot and just goes into the call support screen.

I have made sure jumpers are the same but it wont boot into hexen.

Could someone maybe point out what i am missing ?

I have tried the hexen disc in before and it works fine and in my other xbox and it works fine.

Edited by tonyhhhh

• tonyhhhh changed the title to Tsop flashed and hdd upgrade
7 hours ago, tonyhhhh said:

Hi new to all this , managed to softmod and tsop flash my1.0 xbox and i have a IDE from a old xbox.

I have been trying to use that but wheni put it in and try boot hexen it wont boot and just goes into the call support screen.

Is the hard drive locked? 

Unmodded Xbox hard drives are locked with a unique password computed each time the console boots to gain access to the content stored on it. An Xbox hard drive cannot simply be moved from one console to another without the console being hardmodded and the drive unlocked. (Edit: Or, locked using the password computed for a particular hard drive using the same HDDKey or relocked using the password generated for the Xbox it will be installed in.  From the factory, each Xbox motherboard has a unique HDDKey preventing hard drives from being moved between consoles.)  Unlocking requires either reading the HDDKey used to generate the password for that hard drive using specialized software that computes the correct password or HARD modding the console and unlocking it.  (Actually, you could unlock it on a softmod but the console will no longer boot with an unlocked hard drive.  It has to be locked for the stock BIOS to boot the console without an error.)