OGXbox.com

CHIMP not clone f:/

Lexieye

Good afternoon all

my 1 tb hard drive is dying. Sometimes it will glitch bad at the startup bios screen or delete save games and personal creative tracks I have created

i got another 1 tb hard drive a

1TB WESTERN DIGITAL WD1002FBYS WD ENTERPRISE 3.5" SATA Hard Disk Drive

that I want to replace the 

eagate BarraCuda 1TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 sata

i use chimp to clone the drive (byte for byte) F:// occupies all available space

but after 1 hour it’s finished and the new drive has nothing on f://

also it’s confusing because it looks like it is copying the old soft mod across not the hard mod.

so the hard mod had really bad issues going from one live dash as an XBE to another live dash XBE (ie) XBMC4GAMERS to Avalaunch. So I removed the extra dashes ........ but on the new hard drive there still not deleted ¿

I was using Xecuter2 bios but  in the application XPartitioner it said something about [your bios not support f]

I’m using IND BIOS ***3 (F:// only) now from HEXEN2020

This is one of my major collections I have collaborated over the last 2 years

1 TB HARD DRIVE

Game Boy 1475 games

Game Boy Advanced 100 games

SEGA Genesis/ mega drive 1656 games

PlayStation 33 games

Super Nintendo 3389 games

OG XBOX games 71 games

FBA + MAME + Coin Opps 3000 in total

N64 surreal-B5 (EarthWorm James Pack)?

Attari Jaguar 10 games

I have seen many 1 TB for sale for over £200. many just have Coin Opps

How did you format the hard drive?

I believe for Chimp to clone a larger than stock hard drive (one with F and/or G), it must have a partition table present in the first sector of the hard drive.

219550559_XBPPartitionTableonHDD.JPG.964cd98dfdb5ce5ba05a5fb8fbc5dd73.JPG

Example LBA48 v2 or later patch's partition table that XBPartitioner v1.3 writes to sector 0 of the hard drive when executing the Write Table & Format operation.  You can change XBPartitioner v1.3's Start button operation (press the White button to cycle through the available options) to Write Table instead of Write Table & Format to write only the partition table without re-formatting the partitions or use Rocky5's Xbox application XBP Table Writer.  Download it from his Chimp 261812 github.com repository.  It's in the E Partition / XBP Table Writer subfolder there.

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How did you format the hard drive?

I believe for Chimp to clone a larger than stock hard drive (one with F and/or G), it must have a partition table present in the first sector of the hard drive.

219550559_XBPPartitionTableonHDD.JPG.964cd98dfdb5ce5ba05a5fb8fbc5dd73.JPG

Example LBA48 v2 or later patch's partition table that XBPartitioner v1.3 writes to sector 0 of the hard drive when executing the Write Table & Format operation.  You can change XBPartitioner v1.3's Start button operation (press the White button to cycle through the available options) to Write Table instead of Write Table & Format to write only the partition table without re-formatting the partitions or use Rocky5's Xbox application XBP Table Writer.  Download it from his Chimp 261812 github.com repository.  It's in the E Partition / XBP Table Writer subfolder there.

I have a rocky5 XBMC and splinter cell XBOX. I have used the built in CHIMP to clone the drive.

I will have a look at XBP and follow your advice

thanks

• 1 month later...

I am having a big headache with this problem

whenever I try to copy the old 1tb to the new 1tb it splits F 900gb into 473gb on F & G! so instead of having 1x64k cluster of 900gb (like the original) it has 2x32k cluster of 473gb (F&G) on the new drive?

I have TSOP IND bio’s 5003 F only that I have flashed from HEXEN

i used XBPartitioner v1.3 on the new drive and completely zero all the partitions >this gave me error 21< (not advised)

I then started CHIMP loader 261821 again to have the same problem?

OLD DRIVE

C DRIVE 256kb

E DRIVE 1.76GB

F DRIVE 6.17.1GB

Q DRIVE 1.76GB

S DRIVE 1.76GB

NEW DRIVE

C DRIVE 256kb

E DRIVE 1.76GB

F DRIVE 462GB

G DRIVE 462GB

Q DRIVE 1.76GB

S DRIVE 1.76GB

(please see photos attached)

when I try to use CHIMP format extended partitions on the NEW drive it always formats a F&G to 32k cluster

My final attempt was to wipe the whole drive with XBPartitioner v1.3 and try just to keep the original 16k cluster on The 1st partition (probably 0) on the( NEW )drive then use chimp again to clone the drive bit by bit and F uses all available space

(scrap this comment because jumper fell off)
now when I try to use chimp it says unable to get first sector and I’m having problems using chimp on that drive

8DB2CD7E-554A-4BB9-AEC3-7BFCEC20A301.png

AFAA3CA5-6736-4AA2-8B0F-4DFF12FC4D9F.png

Edited by Lexieye
miss infomation