I made a post a few weeks back about getting a 1.6 with a HDD that immediately died after booting. Couldn’t get eeprom in time. Looks like someone was trying to tinker around and really screwed some things up. Without the wires and chip, the Xbox will boot into HDD failure error which I’m fully aware of. I tried getting two Aladdin chips fitted and neither one of them will boot. They both flash green light for a second and then power off. One chip shows red light and the other shows yellow. I’ve reflowed solder points countless times and still the same result. I’ve tried D0 grounded to board and the chip and other various places I’ve seen and read about, but nothing works. As you can see from the board, there have been several trace lifts, but from what I’ve seen I have everything linked up properly accordingly to the lifted traces. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I do not want to keep the chip inside so I have not cut the L-Frame. I just want to pull the eeprom and build a replacement drive. These Aladdin chips on 1.6 are proving to be a real pain in the ass.
I've seen others post similar things and get some great support and feedback so I'm hoping for the best and that you might be able to help me also?
I picked an Xbox up on Facebook Marketplace for £10 untested, plugged it in and it booted to an error - the DVD didn't make any sound. Switched out the DVD Drive and it booted to the dashboard first time.
Today I went to fit a mod chip - OpenXenium and now it won't boot at all. I'm quite an experienced solderer so I 'hope' I haven't damaged/done it wrong, but I'm at a loss what's going on. The clock capacitor had clearly been leaking, I desoldered and removed this and attempted to clean up with IPA. I'll post pictures of my board below and see what you all think.
here's the album https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157720121443403
I have had a 200GG Seagate and X3 chip since it was released and recently I decided I wanted to try an SSD. I got a 2TB SSD Loaded it up made my way to getting the partitions setup with a split between F/G as 64k sectors and moved all files over. When I run my games however the save files are all unavailable. I'm figuring there is something to this but of everything I've found I've not found anything to address this. Also when I run burnout 3 I'm limited to like 30-40km/h. Just not sure what I"m missing with this.
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48