Artwork Installer doesn't see subfolders anymore

Hello I don't know if it's better to post here or in Software / Apps, I'll try here.

So I use XMBC4Gamers, and my collection of games uses subfolders for genre, because I don't like navigating a flat list of 700+ games...

In the past the Artwork Installer Script worked fine and managed to find artwork and install them for my games in subfolders (i.e. for instance F:\Games\ShootEmUp\Xyanide)

I updated to latest XBMX4Gamers and Artwork Installer (installed the app now) and this doesn't seem to work anymore.

When searching automatically with both the App and the Script, missing artwork is not found for games in my subfolder

When adding artwork manually with the App, I get an explicit error when browsing to F:\Games\ShootEmUp\ telling me this not a valid game folder without beeing able to go to F:\Games\ShootEmUp\Xyanide

Is there anything I can do ? I thought about moving the game folder temporarily i.e. F:\Games\Xyanide, install their artwork that way then move them back to  F:\Games\ShootEmUp\Xyanide\Xyanide, will it work that way and the artwork be displyed for the game or not ?

Edited by Voljega

Never been that way. 

you will need to add your paths to the artwork installers settings.xml

that file is located where you installed the artwork installer app. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JimM
      Hi, new to X4G and have recently downloaded and installed v1.3.001 also downloaded artwork installer v1.9.4 and installed this to a F:\Artwork directory.  It's working but I do have a couple of questions on getting it setup as I want.
      In youtube vids the game artwork is like a cover of the original game case but on my version it's more of an icon - is there any way I can switch to the case style images?
      Again on youtube as you switch between games the background has also changed to a game relevant image however on my setup it's a plain blue background. I've found where you can set the background colour or to a fixed image but how do I get it to be a dynamic image? I have had a search online and it suggests toggling the fanart to on but I haven't been able to find that option
      Thanks

• By TL gamer
      When downloading any packages to your computer there is still a default .xbe in them. and all Xbox apps/games have a default.xbe they have to or you cannot ever launch anything  Instead of a .exe which the computer reads for launching programs and apps, the xbox has a .XBE XBOX Executable. The XB stands for XBOX and the E stands for executable.
      Anyway I downloaded the Gamers - Emustation Artwork Stuff from the following link:
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a3ZaFTuuu5L7lDbnOjmA5tlHhrwpWFKC?usp=sharing
      Which is the link found in this topic:
      I am now going to copy and paste an exact quote from the Topic Creator:
      Yet there isn't a single default.xbe anywhere in that package which means there is no possible way to run the installer at all. Furthermore the xbox reads the following extensions for images png - jpg - tbn - bmp (The proper dashboard still has to be used as some dashboards cannot read certain image files.)
      Anyway after looking through the package, there isn't any proper file extensions for the xbox to read either.
      Someone needs to create the proper picture formats so the dashboards can read it and say what dashboard those pictures go with, place those pics in the properly named folder, .rar that folder, and uploaded it.
       All someone needs to do then is download it, unpack the .rar file, and copy the folder that has all the pictures in it, onto the proper section of the xbox.
      Right now there isn't even a way to run any of this off a disk or the HDD.
      it's a complete shit show with no clear simple easy instructions.
      I shouldn't have to still connect the xbox to the net to download what I already have just to get it to run.
      This whole thing is a major and complex mess.
    • By sweetdarkdestiny
      Slayer's v.2.7 2021
      This a updated version of the last ORIGINAL version v2.7
      from Slayer's without BFM-Bios.

Slayer never used a BFM but the later updated ones does.
      Not sure who has made them but they heavily screwed up
      the BFM Bioses.

The ORIGIANL Slayer's (without BFM) almost never failed
      to boot even, all other installers failed!
      (Incl. the horrible BFM modded Slayer's, what a shame).

So that makes Slayer's a useful disc to have on hand if you
      run in such problems that your other installers won't boot.

And because I wanted it as original as possible I have not
      touched much here, like you can see below.
      I have not even changed the name (Slay3r's would look cool)
      or versions number.
      I just added the year 2021 to it to point out that this
      is a REAL ORIGINAL Slayer's with just some little changes.
      Hope you guy's like it.

Changlog (Slayer's v2.7 2021): Added : ~ 1200 trainers. Added : A hand full of nice old skins. Added : The iND 5003.67 and iND 5004.67 to the flash section. Added : The option to install XBMC4Gamers (latest build). - You can installed also as main dash. :) Added : The option to install XBMC-Emustation (latest build). Added : XBpartitioner 1.3. Added : Enigma NTSC-PAL. (Strange it was linked but not in the ISO) Added : BiosChecker. Added : XBox version checker. Added : Complex Tools Added : Px HDD Loader Added : Xored Mini Launcher. Added : Resctoox to flash the Sharp and Winbond. - I also added the option to flash a Sharp or Winbond TSOP. For both I choose the EvoX m8+ noDVD because it makes the most seens. Added : A Live Apps menu (8) for quick access of all apps. UPDATED APPS: Updated : Config Macig to Rocky5's 1.6.1 Updated : Dvd2XboX to the latest build. Updated : DVDX to the latest build. UPDATED DASHBOARDS: Updated : XBMC to 3.5.3 Updated : Avalaunch to the latest build. Updated : UnleashX to the latest build. UPDATED EMULATORS: (Some of them were very very old.) Updated : ZsnexBox to the latest build. Updated : pcsxbox to the latest build. Updated : n64 to Surreal64 CE to the latest build. Updated : neogenesis to the latest build. Updated : Colecovision (AdamX) to the latest build. Updated : A2600 (z26x) to the latest build. Changed : The bios EvoX bios files to noDVD.(No other changes here) 1fichier Folder Link : https://1fichier.com/dir/xE2qhDTu
      Mega Folder Link : https://mega.nz/folder/sF9UQZZY#nPzCaPS9-fkYH2hjZkaf_Q

Peace!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.