Sign in to follow this  
Wouter A

Hdd With Smart Errors

My brother has a few 3tb sata drives with some smart errors. 

I would like to use them in some xboxes. 

The drives work fine in the pc,  but not for data centers anymore. 

How would a xbox react to these? 

As the are not running full days,  will it go? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Enemy Ai
      Hi all,

I have an X3 with a 1TB inside. I formatted and prepped it with the SLayers Hybrid installer.

I am getting errors while trying to delete from it, write to it. Certainly the F and G partitions. Ive tried to format it with Xbox Partitioner 1.3 and that shows drive G as "ER" instead of 64 (Clusters). The split is roughly 130G and 880G. It seems just be cartain sections of the disc that are effected, as I have just copied over 30GB no problem.

ANy ideas on how to proceed?
    • By moreno9
      Is it possible on a softmoded Xbox put an HDD larger than 120GB? If it is, how? Is it the same process as for the 120GB?
      Thanks
    • By nabilrezki
      Hi,
      I just acquired a 1.0 xbox for 10€ , the guy told me that the console wasn't able to read discs, so i try to put a disc on it, it works but painfully , sometime it does (the loading time takes a long time, and the boot aswell), sometime it just don't (it goes to the ms dash like there is no disc on it), but i decided to hardmod it anyway since i'm not planing to use the dvd drive (already have all of my backups on my other xboxes).
      I first softmoded it with the splinter cell exploit, then i solder the bridges to flash a 256bits EVOX M8+ (F and G) bios with the hexen disc ( i wasn't sure if the 512bits was the one to choose or not), i installed an 250gb HDD from another xbox that was hardmoded aswell, but didn't bother to format it, since it has the same configuration. I made  i backup of the eeprom just in case, installed XBMC4gamers, tried some games and emulators, and so far so good.
      BUT, once i'm in a game and want to go back to my main dash (XBMC4gamers), the console has this weird behavior, the led are blikning green, i can hear the dvd drive spin two times, while the console reboot, it has the microsoft logo, then it restart again to finally come to my main dash. Basically it's take just a little bit longer, so it's not like she didn't reboot at all, but still, it's quite annoying..
      And it only does that with XBMC4gamers, as for Unleashx it's just reboot the console like she normally would.
      I tried to clean the hdd, by removing the xbmc folders to avoid any conflict, but that didn't change anything
      Any ideas why it does that?
      Cheers

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.