Sign in to follow this  
Wouter A

Hdd With Smart Errors

My brother has a few 3tb sata drives with some smart errors. 

I would like to use them in some xboxes. 

The drives work fine in the pc,  but not for data centers anymore. 

How would a xbox react to these? 

As the are not running full days,  will it go? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Blobby85
      Hey guys,
      I've had issues with my xbox for  quite some time now. It is a 1.1, 128mb, TSOP flashed with Ind-Bios. Many games wouldn't boot, no matter what, tried different sources, settings whatsoever. Some games gave me a direct  black screen when trying to run, some would boot but then lock up on the loading screen.
      So today I tried running Hexen2018 from the download section here from my hdd, but as i wasn't sure which bios to flash i chickened out and exited without doing anything.
      To my suprise my xbox no longer booted into XBMC4Gamers, but into unleashX, the first two times without showing the IND-BIOS boot up. As obviously something had changed I tried to run some of the games that hung on a black screen before, and suddenly they worked. The other games that hung on loading screen still didn't work, but I was glad Halo finally booted on me, as I wanted to play it for ages.
      But after a couple of reboots, the IND-BIOS bootup reappeared and my xbox started showing the same behavior as before. Halo gave me a black screen again, as five minutes before it was working.
      Anyone knows what might be the problem here? Do I need to reflash my BIOS maybe or use some other?
    • By Mousxaros
      Greetings from Greece and congrats for the valuable info shared in this site. This is my first post here although I' ve been reading a lot of threads and have TSOP flashed - modded several XBOXes in the past. Generaly i upgrade hard drives by installing 5400 rmp WD green ones which work great. So my question is simple. Is it ok if I install an 7200rpm 3.5 inch HDD? My biggest concern is the higher temps those HDD generate and how this affects the other internal components of the box.
    • By DobaMuffin
      Hello,
      I am writing this today to see about getting some help with my 1.6 Xbox and the Xeceuter 2.6 CE installed in it. I recently did this Please login or register to see this link. involving a resistor to extend the life of the board and the board works fine after the install.
      This is also where I managed to find an issue. With the mod chip enabled, both banks load up their respective bioses, but when I disable the mod chip using the front panel switch, the console Frags after 3 tries. When I disconnect the LFrame wire from the mod chip, the console boots up like normal to the stock dash using the stock bios. Before the mod though, disabling the mod chip using the front panel switch worked liked normal.
      So now I am a point where I made a modification to extend the life of the console, but lost some functionality in my mod chip at the same time. I am wondering if anybody knows what would cause the issue I described and if anybody else has ever run into similar issues. Though I know most don't tend to mod 1.6 consoles if the can avoid it.
      I'm also curious if anybody else happens to have an Xbox motherboard that is warped around the CPU and GPU area. By warped, I mean that I can see a curve in the motherboard around that area.
      Thanks,
      DobaMuffin

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.