Philips Vad6011/21 Disc Laser Lens Replacement Still Not Working

Hi,

I just replaced my Philips VAD6011/21 Disc Laser Lens with a Disc Laser Lens for Xbox SPU-3141 Philips Microsoft original from ZedLabz https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Laser-Lens-for-Xbox-SPU-3141-Philips-Microsoft-original-ZedLabz/333312052835?hash=item4d9af24e63:g:khoAAOSwGcpfEEyk

Unfortunately it is still not reading my xbox games discs.  I have the Rocky5 Softmod and it states a DVD drive status of "unknown".  It seems like I did it correctly and desoldered those two points on the new Disc Laser Lens.  Sometimes I will get the "Empty" status too.  

I tried Pot tweaks on the old laser and then that helped for a very short time so I bought the new laser after it stopped working.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Chris5000 said:

Hi,

I just replaced my Philips VAD6011/21 Disc Laser Lens with a Disc Laser Lens for Xbox SPU-3141 Philips Microsoft original from ZedLabz https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Laser-Lens-for-Xbox-SPU-3141-Philips-Microsoft-original-ZedLabz/333312052835?hash=item4d9af24e63:g:khoAAOSwGcpfEEyk

Unfortunately it is still not reading my xbox games discs.  I have the Rocky5 Softmod and it states a DVD drive status of "unknown".  It seems like I did it correctly and desoldered those two points on the new Disc Laser Lens.  Sometimes I will get the "Empty" status too.  

I tried Pot tweaks on the old laser and then that helped for a very short time so I bought the new laser after it stopped working.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

i've tried those same exact lasers from the same exact dealer and i didn't have good success with it. another user posted in here how he did have good success with it. so they are probably hit and miss. try a return and exchange since u got from ebay. if the next one doesn't work then u can try the pot tweaks on the new one to see if u can get it to read long enough to install the soft mod. also, check that all protective tape has been removed from the laser. i remember at least one piece being over the lens itself.

Thanks.  I will attempt a return and exchange.  I wonder if I jacked it up when I removed the two solder blobs.  I did remove the protective film but almost didn't notice that.    I'm going to buy a solder kit with the sucker for my next attempt.  Luckily I have the Rocky 5 softmod installed on it but was wanting to play the xbox games via disc.  It is a huge bummer it didn't work out.  

12 hours ago, Chris5000 said:

Thanks.  I will attempt a return and exchange.  I wonder if I jacked it up when I removed the two solder blobs.  I did remove the protective film but almost didn't notice that.    I'm going to buy a solder kit with the sucker for my next attempt.  Luckily I have the Rocky 5 softmod installed on it but was wanting to play the xbox games via disc.  It is a huge bummer it didn't work out.  

u don't need a solder sucker for those ground points. just rake a hot iron across them a few times.