Sign in to follow this  
Sprayy

Hi From Belgium

Nice to see an OG Xbox forum still alive !

I will soon upgrade the HD of my modded Xbox version 1.1, still running with a 200Go drive

Nice to see the infos available here. Thanks !!

Yves

Hello Yves

Welcome to OGXbox

There is plenty of info here and if you can't find something just ask.

I have a Xbox I picked up with a huge 80 gig drive but back in the day what would have cost a lot of coins.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It get's the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By yaQcha
      Yesterday I ftp'd Conker Live and Reloaded to my Xbox v.1.0 , however the game doesn't boot up, instead it displays a message saying: "there is a problem with your disc, it may be damaged or dirty". I tried patching the game with ACL in DVD2Xbox but nothing happens, I still get the same error. Is there something more I'm not taking in account? 🙁
    • By calsifer79
      I purchased xbox just released, then 360 and ONE just to play Halo (also with XLink Kai). The original xbox I modified it with hardware I think in 2005 (I had to buy two kits because I'm a beginner), it was super with XBMC. Now after years I am very happy to be able to dust it off thanks to XBMC-EMUSTATION (dashboard !!!).
      Thanks to everyone and a special thanks to Rocky5 !!! Well done !!!
    • By kwippler
      Hey everybody!! I hope you're having a fantastic day!!!
      I just opened up my XBOX V1.1 that, (18 years ago) I soldered a single core wire strand through from the back of the board to the top of the board. I cannot recall the specific tech that I was following from way way way back when, but I can't find any sort of photos online covering exactly what I was doing at the time!?? All I can remember from all of this memory delving is the phrase "If the bios is corrupted, then the TSOP will boot from backup", or something to that specific ilk. None of the TSOP bridging points are exacting the nature of what I did. The box was 100%%% operational to previous stock constraints, booting every time that I powered on, without a hitch, stutter or glitch, for about 4 years or so of operation. I did set the clock after each boot (which probably does mean that I still need to replace the clock capacitor), however I cannot see any specific electrolyte leakage on the board surrounding that capacitor, which is interesting. Anyway. I soldered to one specific junction on the back and taped the other end in place on the top - the tape has since disappeared along with the end of the wire that I was passing through the specific through port junction on the top of the board. I don't know where I was jumping the wire to. I can't find anyone doing this specific procedure concerning TSOP/General Repair at the current point? Is this an outmoded repair? Did people just stop doing this? What on earth was I doing? Anyway, the photos are attached, and I'm WILDLY interested to know what memories might be jogged from anyone's experience repairing the OG XBOX after seeing these photos.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.