OGXbox.com

Are the Downloads From XBmc4gamers Still Active? Cant Update or Download

Dart2623

Hello,

I have noticed that my XBMC4GAMERS version hasnt updated for a while. I thought not much of it.

Then i decided to try and download some homebrews and DLCs for some games i have. Whenever i chose something (mods,updates,emulators) it just shows 3 points moving, as if it were connecting or something, but nothing happens.

I tried updating my Downloader, samething, no download or progress. I remember this used to work a few months ago. Is the service still up or is there something wrong with my xbox?

My xbmc4gamers version is 1.2.122

I wish i could give you the version of my downloader but seems it cant be display. It reads "URLDownloader Version:" As if the numbers didnt fit in the screen even after changing the display settings.

Thank you for any answer and to Rocky5, i know you read this all the time but thank you for creating this and keeping our consoles alive.

20191009_131654.jpg

20191009_131639.jpg

It is all still active. Do you have internet connection, you are set to DHCP and have an IP address assigned? Also did you update from a really really old version? Rocky5 updated the folder and file structure many months ago to align with emustation to allow him to maintain two dashboards in parallel. Just make sure you only have 3 folders in your xbmc4gamers folder and if you do you have the latest version and online updates will be no problem. If all else fails for strange issues take a copy of the prebuilt and remove the profiles.xml from it and drop it on top of your existing and it will put everything back to normal and won't delete your profile.

There is a link for the prebuilt on his github, it is a folder you extract and drop the folder onto your xbox.

2 hours ago, Cian Cunningham said:

It is all still active. Do you have internet connection, you are set to DHCP and have an IP address assigned? Also did you update from a really really old version? Rocky5 updated the folder and file structure many months ago to align with emustation to allow him to maintain two dashboards in parallel. Just make sure you only have 3 folders in your xbmc4gamers folder and if you do you have the latest version and online updates will be no problem. If all else fails for strange issues take a copy of the prebuilt and remove the profiles.xml from it and drop it on top of your existing and it will put everything back to normal and won't delete your profile.

There is a link for the prebuilt on his github, it is a folder you extract and drop the folder onto your xbox.

Thank you for the reply.

My IP and network is fine.

About the folders inside my XBMC4GAMERS folders, i have 4: APPS, SKINS, SYSTEM & Trainers.

So, 4 is not 3. i guess i have an old version uh? i have ver 1.2.122

When it fails to load give it a minute or two and FTP in to the system folder and grab the xbmc.log. Open it in a text editor and look down at the end of it. It should tell you what's up most likely. Again for me the easiest thing if you've definitely confirmed your network is good is to take the prebuilt xbmc4gamers folder and drop it on top of your existing one you have now. Before you do delete the profiles.xml from the prebuilt so it doesn't overwrite your existing one. It is possible something has gotten corrupted somehow and this will fix it for you. Then you'll be able to update through the Downloader. If you click the 'download xbmc4gamers' link on the GitHub you'll find it. Don't build it yourself.

(Your folder structure tells me you are on the current folder structure and not the really old one, no idea where you got a trainers folder but other than that it's normal. Install your trainers off the Downloader then just go to the games list and hit white and select update trainer list, Pretty sure the Downloader doesn't make that folder)

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers/blob/master/README.md

Edited by Cian Cunningham