rmills55

Updating Unleashx XBox Dashboard

Hi everyone, I was brought as a kid a modded/chipped Xbox, with unleashx (version 534 I think).

A

AnywayI was thinking its about time to update it but don't really know how to go about it! I'm unsure of what the modchip is, so I've attached a photo and it has switches/lights on front of console, I don't know if it matters but it is a 1.0 Xbox with fan on heatsink! I have removed clock capacitor! 

I basically want to update it because 1 the software randomly bugs up and have to restart it a couple of times, 2 want to change settings to NTSC (can't on this version of unleashx) and 3 just because I like messing with things 😂 

I did download a newer version of unleashx but it said to copy default.xbe, I don't have that file on my c drive it's called unleash.xbe, don't know if I'm looking in right place! 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time and any help

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Xjjunkie
      Hey guys new here. Recently got back into case modding. Decided to give water cooling a try. Total over kill but Ive never seen it done. This is the result. Let me know what you think! 
      Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By enter name here
      hi all new here and new to thee xbox modding, i have a tosp modded og xbox i wont to check the heath of my drive as ive noiced sum saves are not loading i have a 500GB segate sata drive in it i wont to make sure the drive is ok and it's not just a curuped file ?
    • By tjd2
      So i tried to upgrade my 1.1 xbox to 128mb.
      I installed the first chip successfully and xblastOS flashed to TSOP said "Success". Then i attempted to install second chip on bottom side, but xbox started fragging. I fixed up some shorts i found, but it still fragged. Then i measured according to datasheet, that power to RAM is shorted to ground. The shorted pins most likely were: 66 and 65. However it's possible, that i used the chip pinout wrongly and i measured short between VDD and VDDQ, which should be fine.
      Even after fixing the shorts, it still fragged. After (destructively, but fortunately without ripping any trace) removing the both installed chips, it still does very weird frag. Basically the LED lights up only for short while and then turns off. Xbox's fan runs for a while and then it reboots. This gets repeated indefinitely, but rarely you get normal FRAG and xbox stays on. I measured 2.65V going to the VDDQ pin and the RAM power rail or any of the main power rails are NOT shorted now.
      ANyone knows if i can fix it? All my other xboxes are either fragging (i have 1.0 i got fragging, but it might be TSOP issue as there are no signs of tracerot, no leaking caps and apparently TSOP might naturally degrade now, so i ordered modchip and will try to install it) or they are 1.6, which suck
      Here is reference image how i installed one of the chips, that worked well (the first one). I guess it was pretty good: Please login or register to see this link. . The residue is either flux or denaturated ethanol i used to clean it up.
      VIDEO: 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.