johnyept

XBoX Hdm 2.2a Copied Files To New Hdd With 8.3 File Format

I'm trying all methods of XBOX modding: softmodding with exploit is learned and understood, later steps will be TSOP (v1.2) and modchip (v1.2/v1.6) but for now I decided to replace the original 10GB Seagate HDD with a 80GB 7200rpm Seagate HDD because the original is reporting below 50% health with Acronis Drive Monitor. I went with XBOXHDM 2.2a because I already had a FAT32 flash drive for booting ISOs, so I just extracted the content, added the entries from menu.lst to my menu.lst,  copied eeprom.bin to \eeprom folder and extracted v5960 dashboard files from Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z to \hdm\C.

It couldn't be simpler: Boot Slax, run xboxhd2 from command window (phase 2), run xboxhdm to create C/E/F partitions and autocopy the dashboard, lock the HDD with xboxhd2 again, insert HDD in the XBOX. All was OK until I booted the XBOX and was greeted with error 21. A quick Google search indicated it might be related to missing dashboard files, so I checked the C partition content with a quick hotswap, Windows XP and Xplorer360 beta6, and discovered that the files were copied in the 8.3 DOS naming scheme. For example, the "xboxdashdata.185ead00" folder was copied as "xboxda~1.185", the "XBox Book.xtf" file was copied as "xboxbo~1.xtf" and so on. Deleting all files and dropping them into Xplorer360 again solved the naming problem and the XBOX booted correctly.

(EDIT: for some strange reason, partition E had duplicated folders: tdata, udata, TDATA and UDATA)

So the question is: Why did Slax/QEMU copied the files in 8.3 format?

Edited by johnyept

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By tjd2
      So i tried to upgrade my 1.1 xbox to 128mb.
      I installed the first chip successfully and xblastOS flashed to TSOP said "Success". Then i attempted to install second chip on bottom side, but xbox started fragging. I fixed up some shorts i found, but it still fragged. Then i measured according to datasheet, that power to RAM is shorted to ground. The shorted pins most likely were: 66 and 65. However it's possible, that i used the chip pinout wrongly and i measured short between VDD and VDDQ, which should be fine.
      Even after fixing the shorts, it still fragged. After (destructively, but fortunately without ripping any trace) removing the both installed chips, it still does very weird frag. Basically the LED lights up only for short while and then turns off. Xbox's fan runs for a while and then it reboots. This gets repeated indefinitely, but rarely you get normal FRAG and xbox stays on. I measured 2.65V going to the VDDQ pin and the RAM power rail or any of the main power rails are NOT shorted now.
      ANyone knows if i can fix it? All my other xboxes are either fragging (i have 1.0 i got fragging, but it might be TSOP issue as there are no signs of tracerot, no leaking caps and apparently TSOP might naturally degrade now, so i ordered modchip and will try to install it) or they are 1.6, which suck
      Here is reference image how i installed one of the chips, that worked well (the first one). I guess it was pretty good: Please login or register to see this link. . The residue is either flux or denaturated ethanol i used to clean it up.
      VIDEO: 

• By HDShadow
      For the first time I'm using a Seagate 2.5" IDE HDD (80GB). I'd decided to use it in my newly Aladdin chipped Xbox principally because I discovered it could not be locked (as Slave) after I'd successfully used Chimp 261812 to clone a softmodded HDD to it.
      Retried and Chimp kept on reporting the drive could not be locked and indeed after I'd changed it to Master I had error 5 on that Xbox.
      Once the other, Aladdin chipped, Xbox was up and working I fitted that same unlocked 2.5" HDD and used an AID disc to install a chipped UnleashX dash. Everything works fine 
      One of the things I do with new softmods is unlock and immediately relock the HDD using ConfigMagic. That way there's the possible option of using the "TEAMASSEMBLY" master password if the eeprom went missing. Never needed it.
      However I wondered about ConfigMagic's locking/unlocking capability and thought why not try that on the 2.5" HDD not expecting it to work......................but it did. I discovered I could lock and unlock it, doing that several times without any trouble. This was confirmed by the UnleashX dash as well as ConfigMagic itself.
      So why couldn't Chimp 261812 lock it as Slave?  Same TV, 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adapter, 80 wire IDE cable, same AV Composite cable, same Controller S and no USB peripherals. I've not tried the now unlocked 2.5" HDD with Chimp 261812 again as Master. I'll probably do that later today.     

• By Wingman
      Hello everyone, my name is Vitalij and I am from latvia ! 
      I have two xbox v1.1 and v1.6  in 1.1 dump of something (red-green light), but fully working power supply and 1.6 working, but the mosfet burned out in the power supply.
      Is it possible to make a 1.1 to 1.6 PSU, can there be a complete manual or something? I found a guide showing how to make from 1.1 to 1.2-1.5, but as I understand it, this does not work for me.
      Could you please help with this?
      Please login or register to see this code. Please login or register to see this attachment.
      Please login or register to see this attachment.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.