OGXbox.com

Starting From Scratch, Just Bought a Softmodded XBox, Please Help Me a Little. Thanks.

Hector Hidalgo

So thats the thing, I just got my first original Xbox! :)

I live in Chile and in here having something like this is very niche hehehe. Nevermind, I opened it, cleaned it, changed the thermal paste, replace the IDE cable for a 40 cable and bought a new controller, because it came with the controllers smashed.

There is no modchip on it, because when I opened it up, I saw absolutely nothing.

It has a 360 looking dashboard called XBMC360, according to the hardware info, it is a v1.6 Xbox, it has an Xcalibur video decoder, CPU runs at 731.55mhz.

Detected retail BIOS is: 5838.01

Made in China, year 2005, week 25, line 5.

XBMC pre-2.1 (compiled: May 27 2007)

Mplayer XBMC-SVN-r8532 (May 25 2007)

I am not asking to give a me tutorial on how to install another HDD (which I will as it has a 40GB Maxtor) I just one to know the basics you know? Why so many partitions on the HDD? What is the main software that runs a modded Xbox? What is a skin?

That is it! The rest I will try to find on my own, I just want to know the "basics". Thank you guys, I am leaving you some pics, and also a picture of an original "Japanese" controller I got in the mail just today! Like we say in my country: "When lacking bread, cakes are good" ;) (What I love is the cable in the controller, it's transparent lemon green.

Cheers to all!

Hector aka Nacho el Kid.

IMG_20190730_193045.jpg

IMG_20190730_193108.jpg

IMG_20190730_193535.jpg

IMG_20190730_195905.jpg

Welcome

If it was me I would fit a mod chip then you won't have to worry about stuffing around with softmod's, Work  Miss Google for Aladdin Modchip.

Ebay around 4 usd or AliExpress about the same.

Search for here for softmod that will give you some reading if you don't want to go the modchip route.

Don't be afraid to ask question's

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Welcome

If it was me I would fit a mod chip then you won't have to worry about stuffing around with softmod's, Work  Miss Google for Aladdin Modchip.

Ebay around 4 usd or AliExpress about the same.

Search for here for softmod that will give you some reading if you don't want to go the modchip route.

Don't be afraid to ask question's

Cheers

SS Dave

I was watching some of Mr Mario videos! And now I have my Xbox modded to the latest Sofmod! Tomorrow I will be replacing the HDD ;)

My question was mostly about the basics, how does the file structure on the Xbox HDD works, stuff like that. And my latest question was why my 1.6 Xbox it´s not keeping the time and date!

The clock capacitor is in good condition physically so I dont understand. Cheers!

Edited by Hector Hidalgo