Sign in to follow this  
ericonzetaice

Problem With Conker Live and Reloaded.

Hello, i recently downloaded a pack with a list of hdd ready games for xbox. So far they have all worked, but for some reason when i try to play Conker, it sends me a text box in spanish that reads '' The disc might be corrupted or damaged'' and i can't get it to boot. Any suggestions? I already deleted save data and cache to no avail.

Sometimes I have had this problem with games that have separate assets for NTSC and PAL versions, and a disc ships with only one or the other depending on the region it is sold in. What this means is that the "disc dirty error" usually means it cannot find some files that the main executable is looking for, since playing an NTSC game on an Xbox set up as PAL (or vice versa) will cause the executable to look for files that are not present! I had this problem occur when trying to play "Enter The Matrix" with my Xbox in PAL mode, and had to switch to NTSC mode using "Enigmah Video mode switch". Until that is, I found the PAL version and copied over the missing files allowing me to play the game in both NTSC and PAL no matter what video mode my Xbox was set to. It may well be that the developers thought they could save space on a DVD by leaving out assets that would go unused so long as the disc stays in the region it was sold in.

Long story short, try changing your video mode (from PAL to NTSC or vice versa) and try again! Otherwise it is likely your source files are corrupted.

Edited by samspin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By iRuinLunches
      Hey all this is my first post on this forum. Thought I should share the schematics for the old AussieChip Dual Mod and Cheapmod mod chips.
      From what I understand this company went under in 2003 when the Australian government started to try and outlaw mod chips; the same time when many other governments were trying to do the same. AussieChip decided to give back to the community and release the build entirely for free.

The files are for an old program called Protel though it is now called Altium Designer. Altium is very very VERY expensive (7k+ a year) though they have a free trial if you want to take a gander at the design files.

I was trying to convert it for use in KiCad and Eagle though I'm not very familiar with these programs yet and the implications exports cause on schematic data.

I started to do some research into seeing if any major developers such as Team Exodus released their schematics. (I really wish they would) That's how I came across this.
      Do you have schematics for mod chips? I encourage you to share them. In today's age we should be open sourcing old technology such as this instead of letting it die into a forgotten history.
      Happy modding, nerds.
      -iRuinLunches

The contents of the zip:

Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By johnyept
      I'm trying all methods of XBOX modding: softmodding with exploit is learned and understood, later steps will be TSOP (v1.2) and modchip (v1.2/v1.6) but for now I decided to replace the original 10GB Seagate HDD with a 80GB 7200rpm Seagate HDD because the original is reporting below 50% health with Acronis Drive Monitor. I went with XBOXHDM 2.2a because I already had a FAT32 flash drive for booting ISOs, so I just extracted the content, added the entries from menu.lst to my menu.lst,  copied eeprom.bin to \eeprom folder and extracted v5960 dashboard files from Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z to \hdm\C.

It couldn't be simpler: Boot Slax, run xboxhd2 from command window (phase 2), run xboxhdm to create C/E/F partitions and autocopy the dashboard, lock the HDD with xboxhd2 again, insert HDD in the XBOX. All was OK until I booted the XBOX and was greeted with error 21. A quick Google search indicated it might be related to missing dashboard files, so I checked the C partition content with a quick hotswap, Windows XP and Xplorer360 beta6, and discovered that the files were copied in the 8.3 DOS naming scheme. For example, the "xboxdashdata.185ead00" folder was copied as "xboxda~1.185", the "XBox Book.xtf" file was copied as "xboxbo~1.xtf" and so on. Deleting all files and dropping them into Xplorer360 again solved the naming problem and the XBOX booted correctly.

(EDIT: for some strange reason, partition E had duplicated folders: tdata, udata, TDATA and UDATA)

So the question is: Why did Slax/QEMU copied the files in 8.3 format?
    • By Kekule
      I know this group has a lot of new HDMI solutions recently, and has focused on the wii2hdmi mods. ( and I know there are more options coming in the near future)
      Here's a new option for you....I've recently finalized a completely new design (it's been in the works since christmas, but I'm pleased to announce that it is now completely functional) -supports component to HDMI conversion at all supported xbox video resolutions -Wolfson Audio IC to convert S/PDIF signal for the HDMI transmitter -Individually shielded video signals -Internal install will be an option   There are two basic ways to take advantage of the digital audio 1)Direct decoding when passed through an HDMI receiver 2)Optical pass through from your TV to you receiver 3) it can also pass the stereo audio to play directly on your TV   Sales are probably about a month out still, as I will be sending units out to a few trusted testers and get testing done with some of those problematic xbox systems that are around. Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.