Hey everyone, I got a lot of xbox's recently and I fixed them all and softmodded all of them except one. The last one when using rocky5s method boots the game, let's me choose the save to start the softmod but then goes to the xbox dashboard and says it cant recognize the disc. At first I thought maybe the DVD drive was bad so I swapped it with another, ended up trying 4 others, all did the same thing. Any advice I'd really like to get this softmodded
The xbox game is Arctic Thunder, here is a picture of the output. Do you think is a TV setting? UnleashX is set to 480p= yes 720p=yes widescreen. I'm guessing the TV might not be switching to normal and stuck on widescreen.
Please login or register to see this attachment.
I met the following issue, I try to explain everything... I'm totally lost in space, so I hope, you have some idea what happening...
So, first, what you have to know:
- I've got an xbox classic v1.6 without video and sound output.
- When opened it, I found a MuppetX modchip in it. My friend inform me, he try to flash this modchip, but 1MB always gave an error message "mismatch bios size", so he flashed it with 256KB bios. That was the mistake of him, so the modchip never works again... (The LPC Chip is 49LF020A, like in Aladdin)
- I flashed it with USB Programmer with many types of bios.bin, tried 256, 512, 1024 evom8+ for v1.6, I tried everything to use it again... But the only working solution was to flash it with 4*256kb = 1MB XBlast OS bios. But when I use XBlast NET bios flasher (cause I can't use any other way, just USB programmer), the flashed bios never works.
- I checked all capacitors and all of them is in good conditon... I checked traces and all of them in good condition.
- When I push (more than 5 sec) the power button, the xbox started and loaded the XBlast OS. Without modchip (power up with eject or just push power button) there is no video or sound output. If I change the Bank (I do not know is it bank0 or bank1), the Xbox turn off and turn on again...
- Is there anyone who has an original dump of a MuppetX bios?
- Which is the Bank0 and Bank1 on MuppetX?
- Which BIOS size the correct for that? (As I said, I try 1MB first and all other sizes, but won't work...)
- Why Xbox doesn't give video and sound output without modchip?
Is it maybe an EEPROM error?...
Thank you in advance!
ps: I red this topic:
but do not help
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48