OGXbox.com

Kiosk Discs - Videos Not Playing

Is it normal for most all of the preview videos on the Kiosks to not load? I came across Stranno's Xbox redump on Archive and have tried multiple ways to extract them. Mulleter, Qwix, ExtractISO, they all output the same files, which is expected, but only a handful of the preview videos play when selected. The ones that do, play immediately. When I click on one, it makes a sound like a tiny drop of water, but nothing loads. I've noticed some game demos also load up until the MS logo, and either freeze or say dirty disc.

I can see the video files in the extracted folders and know they're there. The redumps are 7.3GB to a final size of 3.9GB after extraction. I planned on downloading every kiosk, demo, and exhibition disc for my next 4TB build, but if most of the previews don't work, not sure I'll continue.

go to redump.org and verify that the ISO file's size and the track checksum matches the entry for it listed there.

For example: 007: Agent Under Fire - EA-013 PAL

Track(s)

# Sectors Size CRC-32 MD5 SHA-1
1 3820880 7825162240 3442acbb beec6d22aa3599c1f0582532a7fadd30 a3674f26fd5936e07e547207eded285f6b1a932c

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Where are you trying to play the video files: on the Xbox or PC?

What's the video file's extension?

The videos play on my pc, when browsing the various folders. It's when I launch the file/disc on the xbox, that some won't play, while others do.

Interesting, I just opened the folders on my pc, all the videos that play, are all .bik. The ones that don't, are .xmv. I've used Any2XMV3 to convert videos for game previews, would that be required here? Wonder why they aren't all bik?

The disc I've been trying to get to work is Kiosk 2.3. I found it, but not sure what I'm looking for. The sizes are identical. The one I downloaded from Strannos redump rip collection is 7,825,162,240 when extracted. That matches redump's track size. Where do I find my track checksum, and what would I match it against?

Edited by NokSueCow

1 hour ago, NokSueCow said:

The disc I've been trying to get to work is Kiosk 2.3. I found it, but not sure what I'm looking for. The sizes are identical. The one I downloaded from Strannos redump rip collection is 7,825,162,240 when extracted. That matches redump's track size. Where do I find my track checksum, and what would I match it against?

redump.org • Xbox Demo Disc Version 2.3

Track(s)

# Sectors Size CRC-32 MD5 SHA-1
1 3820880 7825162240 b77c2089 a04870f873b4d4354a234c57da022677

ca9a8024fb30ccbb557fc041219f728469a51f25

Best to use the SHA-1 checksum / hash instead of the MD5 or CRC-32 checksum / hash.

9 hours ago, NokSueCow said:

Interesting, I just opened the folders on my pc, all the videos that play, are all .bik. The ones that don't, are .xmv. I've used Any2XMV3 to convert videos for game previews, would that be required here? Wonder why they aren't all bik?

Windows doesn't play XMV files well.  They always stutter, play slow, freeze or don't play at all.

On the Xbox are you slimply playing them from a replacement dashboard's File Manager?

BIK files that I've tried to play require a BIK player that's built into the game/app to play them.

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Windows doesn't play XMV files well.  They always stutter, play slow, freeze or don't play at all.

On the Xbox are you slimply playing them from a replacement dashboard's File Manager?

BIK files that I've tried to play require a BIF player that's built into the game/app to play them.

mpv player. https://mpv.io/ open source project

plays pretty much everything, even in house EA video and audio formats. BIK works fine. xmv plays, but audio out of sync.

drawback it doesn't have front end, but i find drag and drop comfier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

BIK files that I've tried to play require a BIK player that's built into the game/app to play them.

I use Media Player Classic to play videos on pc, they play fine and audio is perfect.

I can navigate to the videos in the xbox file manager and they play, but when I launch the disc, only the games that include a bik file play.

Where do I find my SHA-1 checksum to compare it against redump?

On 3/16/2024 at 10:54 AM, NokSueCow said:

Where do I find my SHA-1 checksum to compare it against redump?

You'll need to obtain and install a program that computes the checksum/hash value of a file.

I use Implbits HashTab - https://implbits.com/hashtab but there are many similar applications you can use.  

Implbits discontinued HashTab; however, their last release can still be downloaded or one of the many alternatives listed on the linked webpage.