OGXbox.com

PLEASE HELP ! FREEZING ISSUE 1.1 XBOX

cdman

5 hours ago, cdman said:

@FrostyMaGee

Thanks for your response, i have tried it with different hard drives, and different files and different file formats too, compressed and files/folders wjth same result, and i have inspected the whole board under the microscope, top and bottom and cant see any damage anywhere.

@Marty

I have tried a few ide 2 sata adapters, a coulle of each of the cheap chinese adapters, (the one with 2 big caps and the slimline one without the big caps), and the startech one, amd i have tried the flat yellow 80 wire ide, and flat grey 80 wire ide and some round cable 80 wire ide cables and all same result, im lost with what else i can try!

Thanks for the replies people, keep them coming lol!

Maybe it is your ram upgrade.  Have you by any chance attempted to flash a bios that doesn't see the extra ram and trying it again.  Maybe something is being addressed in a specific chip that isn't working properly.  I'm not sure if this suggestion would work but might be worth a shot.  Have you used delimiter on the games you are trying?  If so, maybe try a game that hasn't been delimited.

• Like 1

@Fringle

Hi i have had the ram upgraded for quite a while before this happened, not had an issue , and checked all legs and solder points numerous times to be sure.

Im sure if you use a bios that doesnt support the extra ram it will just frag the xbox , correct me if im wrong?

As for delimited games , im not sure what they are, i have only used normal game rips in both file and cci format and same fore either

Thanks

11 minutes ago, cdman said:

@Fringle

Hi i have had the ram upgraded for quite a while before this happened, not had an issue , and checked all legs and solder points numerous times to be sure.

Im sure if you use a bios that doesnt support the extra ram it will just frag the xbox , correct me if im wrong?

As for delimited games , im not sure what they are, i have only used normal game rips in both file and cci format and same fore either

Thanks

Delimiter is an application for windows that delimits the amount of ram an XBE uses.  Most games are hard coded to only use 64mb so using this application would allow them to use or attempt to use the full 128mb. 

It's possible that's why I said I wasn't sure if it would work.  Only way to find out and be able to recover would be to either temporarily split the tsop or to install a chip.  Ram can go bad though.  Is it possible that one chip is heating up more than others.  Checking with an actual temperature gun or infrared camera my give some clues if this is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

So just an update , i ordered and replaced the temperature sensor chip as thought it could be that (the one that starts with adm near the clock capacitor) and no joy still same result.

@Fringle nope all cames on my drives are standard unmodified ones m8

anyone else have a clue, as im at a loss as what else it could be?

thanks

I had one that would do this as well a long time ago.  Bought it used in this condition and hoped I could fix it.  I think in the end I determined it to probably be the mcpx since just the mcpx would get scalding hot when playing any game and after about 5-10 mins of playing it would freeze.  CPU and GPU temp were fine.  Tried putting a heatsink on the mcpx which made it last a few min longer but since it was beyond my abilities to repair at the time it went in the trash.

• 2 months later...