OGXbox.com

PSU help.

lopenator

4 hours ago, lopenator said:

nope. I see them on digikey but I'm not sure which is the correct one so 🤷‍♂️

I’m not 100 percent positive but I think this is the fuse. It appears to be the same manufacturer, it’s 4A, 250v, radial leaded, slow blow fuse, and it’s the 382 series. 

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/littelfuse-inc./38214000000/3306886?utm_adgroup=General&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMax Shopping_Product_Zombie SKUs&utm_term=&utm_content=General&utm_id=go_cmp-17815035045_adg-_ad-__dev-t_ext-_prd-3306886_sig-EAIaIQobChMIqPa2iYfmggMVdp5aBR1wegCVEBwYAyABEgKRIPD_BwE&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADrbLlgD_ELLgrItXk15nzBmKSB4d&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqPa2iYfmggMVdp5aBR1wegCVEBwYAyABEgKRIPD_BwE

Here is the data sheet on the 382 series time lag fuses as well.

https://www.digikey.com/en/htmldatasheets/production/526913/0/0/1/382-series-datasheet

Edited by FrostyMaGee

4 hours ago, FrostyMaGee said:

I have already bought the fuses it. it's the inductor I need to locate unfortunately.

6 hours ago, lopenator said:

no worries dude. thanks for the help

You may already have this/checked these and it’s not for the part you’re looking for (still looking on that one) but I thought it might be a good reference if someone else was looking at this. The caps list for that rev C foxlink psu. 

C3 680uF 200v

C6 100uF 25v

C10 100uF 25v

C15 47uF 25v

C17 1000uF 16v

C18 2200uF 10v

C19 1200uF 6.3v

C20 1200uF 6.3v

C21 1000uF 10v

21 minutes ago, FrostyMaGee said:

Out of curiosity have you tried reflowing all the joints around that transformer, plug, etc? I was just trying to think of some other possibilities while I’m looking around for a replacement. 

yea everything else is good. Just need the inductor and the PSU will be good as new. it's even recapped.

3 minutes ago, lopenator said:

yea everything else is good. Just need the inductor and the PSU will be good as new. it's even recapped.

Cool. :) I didn’t realize you’d recapped it already as well. Maybe we can find that part. I’ve found a compatible psu in some of my parts stuff but it’s a delta and not a foxlink. So far that’s the only 1.0/1.1 psu I’ve run across but I’m still looking through stuff. 

On 11/13/2023 at 7:11 PM, lopenator said:

hey fellas. something awful happened. my sata adapter fell on my PSU and sparks flew. I don't know where to start troubleshooting. The Xbox doesn't turn on anymore. I cannot tell if the damage stopped at the PSU or went into the console. The copper ring step down transformer looks fried.

IMG20231113220929.jpg

Oh my GOD. THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME! I cursed myself for leaving the power supply plugged in. But one of the IDE solder points on a startech touched one of the metal cooling plates for the transistors on the PSU and sparked like MAD. The mobo is toast even after swapping power supplies. I have a nice char mark on the transistor plate for the PSU. I did a lot of work on that mobo too and had it ready to ship. Now it's parts.

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Oh my GOD. THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME! I cursed myself for leaving the power supply plugged in. But one of the IDE solder points on a startech touched one of the metal cooling plates for the transistors on the PSU and sparked like MAD. The mobo is toast even after swapping power supplies. I have a nice char mark on the transistor plate for the PSU. I did a lot of work on that mobo too and had it ready to ship. Now it's parts.

confirm the mobo is parts because mine is fine 

On 11/28/2023 at 11:41 AM, lopenator said:

I have already bought the fuses it. it's the inductor I need to locate unfortunately.

If nothing works, this is what I would do: get enameled copper wire and rewind it. It should be clear that the diameter and the turns must be identical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChriZz said:

If nothing works, this is what I would do: get enameled copper wire and rewind it. It should be clear that the diameter and the turns must be identical.

I wondered if that might work. It’s worth trying if all else fails for sure and no replacement part can be found (which so far seems to be the case but a few of us are still looking around). 

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Are you talking about why his coils failed? Cuz that's a head scratcher.

Yes. I thought maybe there is a short in the copper wire wrapping due to a break or fault in the enamel coating. It’s usually a really thin coating on that copper wire. It happens sometimes. The break could cause a short between the turns. 

1 hour ago, FrostyMaGee said:

Yes. I thought maybe there is a short in the copper wire wrapping due to a break or fault in the enamel coating. It’s usually a really thin coating on that copper wire. It happens sometimes. The break could cause a short between the turns. 

That would require two breaks right next to each other in separate wraps and for them to be exposed enough to touch. That seems highly improbable... but maybe I'm thinking of it wrong?