OGXbox.com

My xbox XBMC dash is glitching after tipover accident

hubbanubba

hello, i like XBMC dash, but it's not working so good anymore, after i had it in a shoppingbag/plasticbag. it was sandwiched between my laptop and a ps3 on the other side again, and i put the plasticbag on the asphalt, and it tipped over. after that i've had this glitching in the video feed especially when i turn it on and it's cold, but after 30 minutes of runtime it works... smoothly like before.

also it only affects the XBMC dash, and it's video playing, if i launch an other dash or a game, it works as normal with no glitching or whatever its called.

i can launch a game through XBMC immediately after starup and it will work fine.

i recently tried reinstalling the XBMC dash through the slayers autoinstaller dvd, but to no help. well it worked fine immediately after the install, but then it's back to this again.

any ideas?

i have a video of what is going on:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/JIWfuhlw3O3k/

2 hours ago, hubbanubba said:

hello, i like XBMC dash, but it's not working so good anymore, after i had it in a shoppingbag/plasticbag. it was sandwiched between my laptop and a ps3 on the other side again, and i put the plasticbag on the asphalt, and it tipped over. after that i've had this glitching in the video feed especially when i turn it on and it's cold, but after 30 minutes of runtime it works... smoothly like before.

also it only affects the XBMC dash, and it's video playing, if i launch an other dash or a game, it works as normal with no glitching or whatever its called.

i can launch a game through XBMC immediately after starup and it will work fine.

i recently tried reinstalling the XBMC dash through the slayers autoinstaller dvd, but to no help. well it worked fine immediately after the install, but then it's back to this again.

any ideas?

i have a video of what is going on:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/JIWfuhlw3O3k/

That's a new one. Interesting...

13 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That's a new one. Interesting...

Indeed. I was thinking maybe the fall jarred the ide cable loose just barely or maybe a connect on the mobo video connection. On cold boot it would show up but after the system heats up and metal expands slightly it goes away. You’d think that would affect everything though and not just the xbmc dash. Weird. I wonder if the problem would show up using a different dashboard. 

ok, i'm trying that monster s-video display cable now, and it's working fine.  i thought i had broken something on the actual machine itself, was about to take out the hdd and run it in chkdsk on the pc. strange it started right after that incident though...

it must be that Wii2HDMI adapter which is starting to fail after 120 days use.

i saw a vid on youtube of a guy who complained about "wavy lines" on his video here 0:54 mark in this video

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hi, yesterday i heard 2 loud cracks throughout the day, sounded like a glass falling to the floor. also when i rebooted it while warm it was still glitching like crazy in XBMC menu, stability had rapidly deteriorated so i just had open it up, ran the HDD through bad sector scan on computer, and saw the CPU caps. they looked like this in photo. i have replaced them and the XBOX now works like new again. it was the bulging cpu caps all along. are using the wii2hdmi adapter  without problems now. no oddities anymore. btw it was also glitching (pulling the picture from right to left in aloop) with the s-video too, just unbearably much now in the end. with the s-video the picture didn't black out though because its analog signal it was just ... like a slideshow right to left until the cpu got over 34 celsius hot. wish i videoed that too.

--------------------------------------------------PROBLEM SOLVED, 😃 GAME ON--------------------------------------------------------

leakxboxcapsat 140runningdaysuse.JPG

new xboxcapsmounted.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hubbanubba said:

it was the bulging cpu caps all along

this sounds implausible to me, if the problem was only bad capacitors then what is the fact that the glitching only started after the fall, a big fat coincidence? or maybe the fall made the bad capacitors just decide to finally start misbehaving? I've never heard of such a thing

Edited by fox

18 hours ago, fox said:

this sounds implausible to me, if the problem was only bad capacitors then what is the fact that the glitching only started after the fall, a big fat coincidence? or maybe the fall made the bad capacitors just decide to finally start misbehaving? I've never heard of such a thing

That actually is a good point. Caps cannot fail from an impact... Unless you smash them with a hammer really fuckin hard.

I WAS HERE!