OGXbox.com

Xecuter 3 - Questions!

mattiam

It's been many years since I've booted up my modded xbox.  It has an Xecuter 3 chip and boots into EvoX just fine.  The DVD drive doesn't open or respond, so I'm guessing that's toast.  

I wanted to clone the old drive and put in a new one to give me a backup and a more reliable drive, but I've been having some issues.  I added Chimp v2.4 to the apps folder and it runs fine until I initiate the cloning.  It just errors out saying "Error: out of memory".  I let it sit for a bit then checked the drive, but it looks like not even a partial imaging was done.

Is it safe/an option to unlock the old drive and clone it using something like CloneZilla?  I can't remember if the Xecuter 3 would be fine with an unlocked drive.

I've been poking around for utilities for locking/unlocking the drive but I just can't seem to find them.

I looked into some other boot options, but it looks like without a working DVD drive, the ISO boot options don't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/  use this for cloning. clone zilla is a bit confusing with options.

i think you still need a drive with a valid hdd key, because some games rely on it, not sure if its with eeprom or both  hdd and eeprom is needed.

fatxplorer awesome utility, beta (demo) version has unlocked needed functions, can also open partitions in windows.

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/

4 hours ago, mattiam said:

It's been many years since I've booted up my modded xbox.  It has an Xecuter 3 chip and boots into EvoX just fine.  The DVD drive doesn't open or respond, so I'm guessing that's toast.  

I wanted to clone the old drive and put in a new one to give me a backup and a more reliable drive, but I've been having some issues.  I added Chimp v2.4 to the apps folder and it runs fine until I initiate the cloning.  It just errors out saying "Error: out of memory".  I let it sit for a bit then checked the drive, but it looks like not even a partial imaging was done.

Is it safe/an option to unlock the old drive and clone it using something like CloneZilla?  I can't remember if the Xecuter 3 would be fine with an unlocked drive.

I've been poking around for utilities for locking/unlocking the drive but I just can't seem to find them.

I looked into some other boot options, but it looks like without a working DVD drive, the ISO boot options don't work for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

PXL-20231007-162347664.jpg

You could get an external cloner like this. This thing makes my life a lot easier, and it doubles as a USB dock when it's not cloning in case I need to copy something that didn't make it or that I changed my mind about adding afterward.

Thanks for the replyI  I was actually able to get CHIMP working.  I was using 2.4 and it was not working well but found this more recent version: https://github.com/Rocky5/Chimp261812 and it worked fine.  I was able to clone the drive and I left it unlocked for now.  It booted and I was able to run an app.  I'll play around with different games and report back.

7 hours ago, mattiam said:

Thanks for the replyI  I was actually able to get CHIMP working.  I was using 2.4 and it was not working well but found this more recent version: https://github.com/Rocky5/Chimp261812 and it worked fine.  I was able to clone the drive and I left it unlocked for now.  It booted and I was able to run an app.  I'll play around with different games and report back.

Okay good! It Could be that I am retarded and I couldn't get chimp working. Also had a few problems getting the whole startech rig out because I honestly didn't wanna pull everything out in the first place... needed a second startech, which can be powered using the extra daisy chain molex on the first startech.

Right on buddy!