OGXbox.com

Ogx360+Blueretro

Konwektor

I have found on github repo that is mix of Ogx360 and Blueretro.

In short explain: allows connect BT gamepads - xbox one, x, series x, PlayStation 3,4,5, native BT gamepads, sone nintento GP to the esp32 with modified Blueretro software.

Esp32 is connected to arduino leonardo (pro micro) with ogx360 software ( also Little modified) over 2wire interface- like all leonardo modules betwen each other in Ogx360.

Using this combo makes possible to use BT gamepads on ogxbox without extra 8bitdo. One esp32 allows to connect 7 gamepad in same time, so for ogxbox 4 will not be a problem. I have tested 2 xbox one x BT gamepads with esp32 master and 2 ogxbox360 leonardo slaves.

The great thing is cost of this system- one esp32 board(about 7€) plus minimum one leonardo pro micro (about 6€). Full ogxbox360 need 4 8bitdo (12-15€ i think) to allow 4 Players connect over BT. Here we need only one esp32 board.

A lot of thanks and Big respect to netham45, the guy who made this possible.

Orginal rededit post Ogx360+Blueretro

This is orginal nerham45 github repo blueretro+ogx360

Netham repo got something wrong with sources and can not be cloned, so I here is my updated repo Ogx360+blueretro Compilation under esp idf 5.0 only.

I have also made detailed info "how to" step by step, with already compiled files.

Blueretro software got a lot of cool features like for example button mapping, internal hardware installation, and supports many bluetooth controllers.

I have order some electronic parts for internal build with console power on, power off over bluetooth gamepad, but for that some changes are needed in source code.

Author of this fork "netham45" doesnt answer, and I am newbie in coding, so if anybody with coding knowlege is interested to "pimp-up" this project, please let me know.

From know issues:

- xbox one x , series x controlles need newest firmware or pushing X logo causing reset esp32,

- they got sometime problems with reconecting to esp32 after pairing and powering off - factory reset on Blueretro and new pairing helps,

- rumble on ps4 controller causing "controller hang" - got info from guy in mexico (davidxgames) that he got firmware without this issue, waiting for source from him to compare,

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/8/2023 at 8:52 AM, Konwektor said:

I have found on github repo that is mix of Ogx360 and Blueretro.

In short explain: allows connect BT gamepads - xbox one, x, series x, PlayStation 3,4,5, native BT gamepads, sone nintento GP to the esp32 with modified Blueretro software.

Esp32 is connected to arduino leonardo (pro micro) with ogx360 software ( also Little modified) over 2wire interface- like all leonardo modules betwen each other in Ogx360.

Using this combo makes possible to use BT gamepads on ogxbox without extra 8bitdo. One esp32 allows to connect 7 gamepad in same time, so for ogxbox 4 will not be a problem. I have tested 2 xbox one x BT gamepads with esp32 master and 2 ogxbox360 leonardo slaves.

The great thing is cost of this system- one esp32 board(about 7€) plus minimum one leonardo pro micro (about 6€). Full ogxbox360 need 4 8bitdo (12-15€ i think) to allow 4 Players connect over BT. Here we need only one esp32 board.

A lot of thanks and Big respect to netham45, the guy who made this possible.

Orginal rededit post Ogx360+Blueretro

This is orginal nerham45 github repo blueretro+ogx360

Netham repo got something wrong with sources and can not be cloned, so I here is my updated repo Ogx360+blueretro Compilation under esp idf 5.0 only.

I have also made detailed info "how to" step by step, with already compiled files.

Blueretro software got a lot of cool features like for example button mapping, internal hardware installation, and supports many bluetooth controllers.

I have order some electronic parts for internal build with console power on, power off over bluetooth gamepad, but for that some changes are needed in source code.

Author of this fork "netham45" doesnt answer, and I am newbie in coding, so if anybody with coding knowlege is interested to "pimp-up" this project, please let me know.

From know issues:

- xbox one x , series x controlles need newest firmware or pushing X logo causing reset esp32,

- they got sometime problems with reconecting to esp32 after pairing and powering off - factory reset on Blueretro and new pairing helps,

- rumble on ps4 controller causing "controller hang" - got info from guy in mexico (davidxgames) that he got firmware without this issue, waiting for source from him to compare,

Thanks for all this work, I'm gonna be putting one together later today. Did you ever figure out any of the ps4 and xbox controller issues or are those just inherent to the blueretro firmware?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 10:10 PM, SoftMachine said:

Thanks for all this work, I'm gonna be putting one together later today. Did you ever figure out any of the ps4 and xbox controller issues or are those just inherent to the blueretro firmware?

I haved found reason of issues with ps4 controllers. made  a lot of research , coz like i said before - I am beginner in programing. Now every controller supported by blueretro works also with ogxbox360 (all with rumble).

I put source code and compiled files lajter this evening.on github.

Im sitting wright now with docs and schematic for internal version. my prototype  works without problems, and I can switch on/off console remotly 😁, turn off controller, start pairing new one - everything wireless. At last, my dream has come true, took a lot of time but worth.    I am really pleased. 

All things lajter this evening guys .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Konwektor said:

I haved found reason of issues with ps4 controllers. made  a lot of research , coz like i said before - I am beginner in programing. Now every controller supported by blueretro works also with ogxbox360 (all with rumble).

I put source code and compiled files lajter this evening.on github.

Im sitting wright now with docs and schematic for internal version. my prototype  works without problems, and I can switch on/off console remotly 😁, turn off controller, start pairing new one - everything wireless. At last, my dream has come true, took a lot of time but worth.    I am really pleased. 

All things lajter this evening guys .

Sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

ADCreHdD_Xw92fvhRvChTl9CaQWXp1N0pxdyV9kd

Hello @Konwektor

I've been following your progress...

I was able to put together a BlueRetro+OGX360 with what I had on hand inc. status LEDs.
Tested with Series X controllers and found it having some problems, from what I understand this is a known issue.
Seeing your forks definitely pointed toward you doing an internal 4x channel version.
I assume you would be using USB switches or similar to select between Bluetooth and OGXbox Controller?

Either way it seems we lose most of the functionality of the OGX360 particularly for wired controllers.
The OGX360 can actually support the OGXbox Controllers, so many of the switching OGX360 designs on GitHub were unnecessary.
If only we could retain full functionality of the OGX360 for wired controllers and switch between BlueRetro using Controller Port Detection.

Be very interested in what your thoughts are on this.

Cheers, Nem

On 11/27/2023 at 4:14 AM, NeMesiS said:

ADCreHdD_Xw92fvhRvChTl9CaQWXp1N0pxdyV9kd

Hello @Konwektor

I've been following your progress...

I was able to put together a BlueRetro+OGX360 with what I had on hand inc. status LEDs.
Tested with Series X controllers and found it having some problems, from what I understand this is a known issue.
Seeing your forks definitely pointed toward you doing an internal 4x channel version.
I assume you would be using USB switches or similar to select between Bluetooth and OGXbox Controller?

Either way it seems we lose most of the functionality of the OGX360 particularly for wired controllers.
The OGX360 can actually support the OGXbox Controllers, so many of the switching OGX360 designs on GitHub were unnecessary.
If only we could retain full functionality of the OGX360 for wired controllers and switch between BlueRetro using Controller Port Detection.

Be very interested in what your thoughts are on this.

Cheers, Nem

I dont have any issues with mine series x controller, maybe you got wrong software version in Controller. Problems are with all others controllers like ps3, ps4,ps4,    wii u pro. Those i have tested, before they did not respond for long time, and disconnecting. Now they stuck for 1 second.

"Either way it seems we lose most of the functionality of the OGX360 particularly for wired controllers."

You mean orginal controllers or support from ogx360 for wired 360 xbox one gamepads?

Controller port detection is possible in many ways.

I did not made it yet, focused on implementation of "boot" and "en" buttons from esp32 in internal build, using orginal xbox power and eject buttons.

Wright now I can reset esp32(blueretro) without resteting xbox.

Xbox "power on" short push - esp32 reset = "en" button

xbox "power on" hold >1 second - esp32 reset, xbox power on/off

Xbox "eject" short push - eject, close tray

Xbox "eject" >3 second = esp32 "boot"

Rest like in orginal internal Blueretro

Button press between > 3 sec and < 6 sec (All LEDs blink slowly): If in pairing mode: Stop pairing mode otherwise all BT devices are disconnect.

Button press between > 6 sec and < 10 sec (All LEDs blink fast): Start pairing mode.

Button press over > 10 sec (All LEDs blink very fast): Factory reset ESP32 to original BlueRetro firmware the device shipped with & reset configuration.

Already paired gamepad can power on/off console.(need extra module AC220v to DC5V ).

Schematic is not finished on github.

I am not in home  Mo-Fr because of work, going back for weekend. Thats why my progress is so slo.

9461040300_1699814217_org.thumb.jpg.aa21e4d052ebff8ee08269bf745e9704.jpg

R4,R5 are 10k

IO17 is wrong- need to be IO13

Combination of C2,R3 give time delay when pushing xbox power on, resets wright away esp32, keep holding - xbox on/off.

Did that because I dont want to have "extra" buttos on xbox, and  sometimes esp32 need to be reset, (pairing problems for example), without switching off xbox.

Edited by Konwektor
Correction

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 11:44 PM, Konwektor said:

I dont have any issues with mine series x controller, maybe you got wrong software version in Controller. Problems are with all others controllers like ps3, ps4,ps4,    wii u pro. Those i have tested, before they did not respond for long time, and disconnecting. Now they stuck for 1 second.

Thanks for clarifying that... does the serries x controller firmware need to be rolled back or anything like that?

It could just be my setup causing issues as it was a quick throw together and that end of my workbench tends to have a bit of RF interference.

I did not made it yet, focused on implementation of "boot" and "en" buttons from esp32 in internal build, using orginal xbox power and eject buttons.

I had a similar idea for using the buttons for ARGB controller to select between patterns and colors.

While the console was off, the buttons would work as intended.

However, while powered on I wanted short presses to trigger the ARGB controller.

Then long presses (eg. 3 sec of more) to power off and eject the DVD tray.

I was going to test the short/long press concept

with an ATtiny45 or something.

ADCreHewzHRR-6ftR1ov0Qp5EHelMd_hAi79NIGG

I just did a quick schematic to help illustrate my idea...

So, when console is off the PNP transistors bridge connection between *B-IN (button) & *B-OUT (mobo)

When the console is on this bridge is broken and we can use short/long presses via ATtiny

PB-OUT = Long press power button to power off console

EB-OUT = Long Press eject button to eject DVDrom

EN = Short press power button...

Boot = Short press eject button...

Just an idea I had that I thought I would share...

Already paired gamepad can power on/off console.(need extra module AC220v to DC5V ).

Not possible to use the PSU's standby power?

What would be the minimum hardware required for this to work?

EDIT: I really am not on the ball today, not had much sleep due to neck pain.

Edited by NeMesiS

On 12/10/2023 at 2:31 AM, NeMesiS said:

Not possible to use the PSU's standby power?

Xbox 3V3stb is about 100mA

My esp32 takes about 200mA after start. By powering on can take double (start inrush is called i think).

If esp32 takes more than psu can give, then we got voltage drop->voltage to low for esp32, triggers watchdog and reset. 

About xbox series x gamepad - i will check today what firmware i got.

If it is same as yours, then could be something with connections.

First of all, try to have SDA,SCL connections cables  short as possible. every connections have some capacitance. Longer got bigger, and this is not good for I2C bus.

Sadly i figure out that timeouts are still there but in internal HW2 wersion.

External seems to be ok.

Tiemeouts depends also what game is used.

Those I use for test:

"Unreal Championship" -never had timeouts in any version, and any gamepad.

"Dead or Alive 3" - Causing timeout, 

Halo - causing timeout

Unleash x, xbmc4gamers, xbmc - no timeout

"xbox gamepad test" from xbmc4gamers downloader - best and fastes way to trigger or not timeout, on rumble test.