OGXbox.com

Xbox 1.0 , "Your Xbox requires service" with no error code

Galindrada

45 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

I’ve gotten all of mine except for one from AliExpress. Was in a rush for that one and resorted to Amazon for double the price. Luckily it took two purchases to find the right seller. Only bought one from each to test the water. Then I ordered a batch from the link above and all were flashed just fine. 

Your aladdins were flashable? Why do I keep hearing that none are available from Ali?

15 minutes ago, Marty said:

Allegedly.

Lol, I wouldn't call Marty(gan) a liar at all, but I've got it dead set in my head that all those clones have worthless flash chips. If that's not the case, then that's a GOOD thing. But fuck flashing with a dash. I wanna use the actual chip itself to flash. What do you even use to flash Marty(gan)? Evolutionx?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Your aladdins were flashable? Why do I keep hearing that none are available from Ali?

Yes. And I just use xblast 

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Allegedly.

why would I lie? Order one for yourself

HERE is a thread on the matter and there was also another one about the same time  I’ll add it also, if I can find it. If you make sure to buy the ones talked about in the pictures, then you should be fine. I tested the information and it was true. That’s all I can say  

Edited by MadMartigan
Added info
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:46 PM, MadMartigan said:

Yes. And I just use xblast 

HERE is a thread on the matter and there was also another one about the same time  I’ll add it also, if I can find it. If you make sure to buy the ones talked about in the pictures, then you should be fine. I tested the information and it was true. That’s all I can say  

Oh, I forgot that xblast can actually be loaded from software... does it use a BFM?

On 8/12/2023 at 12:46 AM, MadMartigan said:

I have 4. 2 installed in 1.6's.

I'm not saying you're a liar, I'm saying that the claim of them all being flashable isn't accurate.

My older Aladdins are flashable...the recent ones I bought from AliExpress are not.

ModsvilleUSA has a good rundown on this...

Flashing Aladdins

3 hours ago, Marty said:

I have 4. 2 installed in 1.6's.

I'm not saying you're a liar, I'm saying that the claim of them all being flashable isn't accurate.

My older Aladdins are flashable...the recent ones I bought from AliExpress are not.

ModsvilleUSA has a good rundown on this...

Flashing Aladdins

Well, I never made that claim at all. I provided a link to a seller that sold chips that are verified to be flashable from the xbox. I also said I had bought some that werent, during my hunt. So please read first before posting that my comments are false or inaccurate. That doesn't help the thread in any way whatsoever 

Edited by MadMartigan

19 hours ago, Marty said:

I'm not saying YOU did....

...I'm just saying I hear that claim going around and I just wanted to add caution.

Ok, well you've quoted me in both replies so they're no doubt, directed at me. Now that that's cleared up, I'll make it crystal clear for everyone that NO, not all of them are able to be flashed from the xbox. If you're smart and do your research, you can determine which ones are. Or, simply click the link I provided and contact the seller. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadMartigan said:

Ok, well you've quoted me in both replies so they're no doubt, directed at me. Now that that's cleared up, I'll make it crystal clear for everyone that NO, not all of them are able to be flashed from the xbox. If you're smart and do your research, you can determine which ones are. Or, simply click the link I provided and contact the seller. 

In your experience, do the sellers ever lie? I would think not because they want good feedback for accurate listings and communication...

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

In your experience, do the sellers ever lie? I would think not because they want good feedback for accurate listings and communication...

I'm sure there are dishonest sellers put there, but I've not had any bad experiences thus far. The feedback does play a good role in that I believe. Especially when they're not copy and paste testimonials and from US users. 

29 minutes ago, Marty said:

The "seller" is more often than not some bloke in a warehouse in Shenzhen with pallets of boxes with Sharpie serial numbers drawn on them for stock purposes.

This may also be true. At the same time, it's no different than an ebay store or online retailers. Bad reviews will no doubt steer future customers away. I asked the person if these are the exact chips I will receive. They replied promptly with good English and I took a chance. Glad I did because after I tested it, I ordered many more from them. All flashed perfectly fine from the xbox itself. 

• Like 1