OGXbox.com

Question about Thief Deadly Shadows versions.

I have distant memories of there being some problem with Thief Deadly Shadows PAL when installed to the HDD.

Just had two ideas:-

1). try playing it in 4:3 format rather than WS. Using WS can cause some weird problems with a few games intended for 4:3 display.

2). Clear the E:\CACHE and the content of X, Y and Z drives, particularly if when you tested the PAL version you did it after playing the NTSC one.

If either of those do not work:-

Are we talking about from original PAL disc/installed from disc/installed from download?

Is the Xbox NTSC or set to NTSC? If you swap the Xbox to PAL does the problem remain?

If installed to the HDD by any method has the game been ACL (Action Control List) patched by DVD2Xbox?

On 7/22/2023 at 1:13 PM, HDShadow said:

I have distant memories of there being some problem with Thief Deadly Shadows PAL when installed to the HDD.

Just had two ideas:-

1). try playing it in 4:3 format rather than WS. Using WS can cause some weird problems with a few games intended for 4:3 display.

2). Clear the E:\CACHE and the content of X, Y and Z drives, particularly if when you tested the PAL version you did it after playing the NTSC one.

If either of those do not work:-

Are we talking about from original PAL disc/installed from disc/installed from download?

Is the Xbox NTSC or set to NTSC? If you swap the Xbox to PAL does the problem remain?

If installed to the HDD by any method has the game been ACL (Action Control List) patched by DVD2Xbox?

Ty for response :), well i tried everything even mounting from ISO on HDD, still crashes during loading first level.

I am curious why NTSC works on  modded PAL console but PAL doesnt,PAL works fine on Xemu so it cant be ISO problem right?

"Thief - Deadly Shadows/CONTENT/T3/VideoTextures" contains region specific video files . 30 - NTSC; 25 -PAL. Missing files will cause freezing.

You run PAL in NTSC mode?  To make game to work with NTSC and PAL, you simply inject 30fps video files to PAL version, Or PAL files to NTSC.

If you have difficulties locating real PAL version. I'm pretty sure replacing 30 with 25 on file names will work. Because some PAL games with 25fps video works fine in NTSC mode.

games like 007 nigthfire require injecting files to game container in ".viv" format for driving levels, and injecting video files in a regular folder for FPS levels.

• Like 1