OGXbox.com

v1.1 has no sound in almost all games, but dashboard is OK

errspace

Hi all, bit of a story here. I got an HDMI kit for my xbox recently, dug out the old girl and it worked great...except the display was going black for a second or more during games. Not crashing, just briefly losing sound and video. It was doing this on component as well, which was why I stopped using it in the first place. I assumed my component-HDMI adapter was faulty. I was sure it wasn't related to the HDMI kit, so I decided to mess with different video modes (with enigmah and the settings in evox) I now get no sound at all in games...except Beyond Good and Evil. Dashboard (ie XBMC also has UI sound). The problem also happens with legit PAL discs. The system region is PAL-60.

I recently updated to Rocky5 using the extras ISO which comes with the softmod kit, so I'm as confident as I could be that the softmod isn't the issue either. Can anyone help please?

6 hours ago, errspace said:

Hi all, bit of a story here. I got an HDMI kit for my xbox recently, dug out the old girl and it worked great...except the display was going black for a second or more during games. Not crashing, just briefly losing sound and video. It was doing this on component as well, which was why I stopped using it in the first place. I assumed my component-HDMI adapter was faulty. I was sure it wasn't related to the HDMI kit, so I decided to mess with different video modes (with enigmah and the settings in evox) I now get no sound at all in games...except Beyond Good and Evil. Dashboard (ie XBMC also has UI sound). The problem also happens with legit PAL discs. The system region is PAL-60.

I recently updated to Rocky5 using the extras ISO which comes with the softmod kit, so I'm as confident as I could be that the softmod isn't the issue either. Can anyone help please?

That happened to me when I picked a digital audio format that my HDMI audio extractor/DAC didn't support. Try just defaulting back to a lower quality digital and see if your game audio starts to work again. Hell try analog stereo... But try enabling it in the MS dashboard. Changing audio settings in XBMC has never resulted in anything and I don't know why. It's always the same output it seems.

In the MS dash have the audio mode set to Dolby Surround first. Then make sure Dolby Digital and DTS are disabled. Then try stereo instead of surround if that doesn't work.

• Thanks 1

Also, if you hardmod your xbox, it will warm my heart like a present opened on Christmas Eve. I'll do it myself for free if you live in SoCal. lmao. But it's a step up, just in principal (Chipping offers a LOT more flexibility when overseeing your box, and you can upgrade your bios in like, 2 minutes. Useful for all those Cerbios updates!) If you don't like soldering, do sweetdarkdetiny's TSOP flash using the softmod installation exploit. Flashes your stock bios chip using the same method softmodding does. All you have to do is join two small points with some conductive paint. No soldering needed! :)