OGXbox.com

Was this a tsop or modchip removed

Cush

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong section but not sure if this is softmod or tsop so put it here.

After having help to update my original xbox  (thank you) I have since found the first unit that wife bought me in 2002. I thought it had been softmodded and slayers installed.

Today I opened it up as I want to fit a 200gb sata hdd that I have spare and was surprised to see that it has had some kind of chip fitted in the past. It's a lot of years since this was last used and tbh I don't remember having a modchip.

It has the stock hard drive and the manufacture date of sept 2002. It has Evox M7 and dash is +3921 if that is of any help. I just need to know if I am safe to carry on and install the 500gb hdd. If anyone can work out what has been done originally I would love to know, from my limited knowledge so far I wondered if it needed a chip fitted temporarily to flash them back then.

edit.thumb.jpg.598736c3a52bcb482e644afe8f29db1d.jpg

13 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Looks like a removed mod chip along with a damaged component, but also tsop points have been connected. 

yea I thought that was a tsop step but those strange cup shape bits had me think it was maybe a temp chip method they used then lol, I didn't go near that C7D2 incase I broke it completely as the console works fine and I was going to install the 500gb and just throw a few racing games on it.

thanks for reply.