OGXbox.com

Just got a really cheap xbox version 1.4

Gurjsagoo

Hello people. managed to pick up a very very cheap xbox. only paid a 10 quid for it but its mint. only thing it switches on automatically when its plugged in. i did check for traces and 1 is gone but i will jump these when my wires come.

clock cap his been desoldered

but 3 power caps are gone which ive ordered and will change

was going through some old stuff and managed to find my xecuter v26 CE. i had this for years and luckly i still kept it. replaced this with X3 so i kept the old 1

now my questions.

will this work on my 1.4

will it need reflashing as i cant even remember what bios was on it (been so many years)

i have all the wiring, fresh as in never been installed. does any 1 have a guide on how to install. i think 3 wires just need soldering. as my X3 was a solderless install

and of course if i do need a reflash, can any 1 suggest a good bios

CHEERS GUYS. MUCH APPRCIATED

15 minutes ago, Gurjsagoo said:

Hello people. managed to pick up a very very cheap xbox. only paid a 10 quid for it but its mint. only thing it switches on automatically when its plugged in. i did check for traces and 1 is gone but i will jump these when my wires come.

clock cap his been desoldered

but 3 power caps are gone which ive ordered and will change

was going through some old stuff and managed to find my xecuter v26 CE. i had this for years and luckly i still kept it. replaced this with X3 so i kept the old 1

now my questions.

will this work on my 1.4

Yes it will work just fine.

will it need reflashing as i cant even remember what bios was on it (been so many years)

Possibly. You can tell for sure when you get everything working

i have all the wiring, fresh as in never been installed. does any 1 have a guide on how to install. i think 3 wires just need soldering. as my X3 was a solderless install

Give THIS a watch 

and of course if i do need a reflash, can any 1 suggest a good bios

CHEERS GUYS. MUCH APPRCIATED

You can try the old X3 bios to see what the fuss was about back then. Also, Cerbios is the new kid in town and highly a recommended Bios.