Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
salvio007

Transparent Paint for Ghostcase?

An old friend of mine gave me 2 transparent Ghostcases years back (I know they're terrible). I'd like to know if there's a specific spray paint out there that dries on with a light transparency. Looking to do a blue. Any links or info is greatly appreciated! 

Hi Wikati - That's the idea but was looking for something that coats in a clear way, allowing some light to pass through. Not a solid paint, or else it won't give the transparent look.

Some model car paints are translucent, but metal cast by duplicolor would probably be what you're looking for. I've used it in the past and it's basically tinted clear coat

48 minutes ago, ReRuss said:

Some model car paints are translucent, but metal cast by duplicolor would probably be what you're looking for. I've used it in the past and it's basically tinted clear coat

Thank you kindly for the info!

What you want is paint made for RC cars. I have a huge collection of RC. All RC bodies are clear and painted from the inside. They are made of a polycarbonite. The name brand of the paint is tamiya 

3 hours ago, wooodyii2 said:

What you want is paint made for RC cars. I have a huge collection of RC. All RC bodies are clear and painted from the inside. They are made of a polycarbonite. The name brand of the paint is tamiya 

Found it! Will give it a go, ty!