Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us. You can sign in with Facebook with a couple of clicks. No need for a lengthy registration. We also have Tapatalk support so you can use this forum on your phone the same way you use facebook. It will keep you notified.

Sign in to follow this  
PV544

Games Transfering

I have just copied all of my games to my HDD using dvd to xbox.  What is the easiest way to copy them to one of my other xboxes.  All of my xboxes are modded.  

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Unleashx has a built-in, little known, FTP browser/client feature in the file manager to do xbox-to-xbox file transfers.

This is news to me. How does that work?

You switch to the FTP browser mode.  Setup the login credentials for the remote Xbox ( or other FTP server) and save them.  The FTP browser will show a list of avaiable FTP servers to connect to.*  Files in the left-pane are on the local site and the right-pane the remote server. Select files/folders to be transferred from the local site to the remote or vice versa.

*Note: The first time the FTP browser is opened it won't go anywhere.  The right-pane will be empty.  You need to enter the IP address and login credentials of the FTP server you want to connect to.  It does not have to be another Xbox.  If your Xbox has Internet access, any FTP server that accepts a plaintext password will work.

I'll create an UnleashX tutorial and post it soon with pictures.  Works best with a few pictures.

How to Enter the UnleashX Dashboard's File Explorer FTP Browser Mode

Go into the File Explorer menu item of UnleashX. The FTP browser mode is entered by pressing the White button which brings up the pop-up Select menu.  The last item (D-pad up 1) to see Switch to FTP Browser.... then press A.

Press the White button again to have the pop-up Site menu appear.  Here you select Quick Connect... or New Site..., enter the IP address and login credentials for the FTP server.  If you already have saved sites, when you Switch to FTP Browser mode, the list of saved sites to connect to will be listed.  Select the FTP server you want to connect to and the right-pane will be filled with the remote sites directory listing.  

Highlight folder(s)/file(s) as you would for moving/copying them between drives/folders in the File Explorer panes - the left = the local site (the Xbox) while the right=the remote FTP server.  In FTP browser mode, the copying/moving operations are between the local Xbox (FTP client machine) and the remote FTP server.

Press the Back button to exit the FTP Browser mode or press the white button and select Switch to Local Browser.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By zygron
      Hi all,

I've recently performed a rewrite of the TSOP (EVO M8+) on my PAL console, using the Hexen CD but i am unable to run backups. I've tried the following scenarios
      Game tested: Psychonauts PAL
      Original DVD OK
      DVD2XBOX OK
      FTP or Burned DVD NOK (gets booted back to unleashX)
      Original and iso are from the same game to eliminate other variables (ISO is also PAL) but it doesn't boot.
      Any guesses of what might be wrong? 
      I'm more concerned about not being able to FTP as i wan't to remove dependencies from the hardware that can fail overtime more easily..

Setup that this was tested at:
      XBOX 1.0 TSOP EVOX M8+
      Internal drive: Tested with IDE to SD card, and original HDD

• By salvio007
      After a Tsop and 1tb HD install - I had Ninja Massive, a few Xbox games and Emulators working fine.
      This morning I go to power it on, everything looks fine but it will not Boot any of the above mentioned. Loads for a few minutes and returns me to UnleashX Dash.
      I cleared the cache and don't know what else it could be.
      Any tips or help with this is greatly appreciated ;(
    • By Frank D'Agostino
       recently got a debug kit I have been trying to look for ways on how to FTP 2 debug kit. The only media this would read that will allow you to FTP is the dashboard Avalanche. These were made on the Old Source codes that's why it can read it. But you really want the Alpha version it's a special version (Alpha v0.49.1)
      This is the only Dash or program this debug kit will play. Once it boots up go into file manager using the CD to get there. Copy files from DVD drive into the E partition you can make a folder call it apps and place individually everything on the contents of the CD you made... once that is done you can reboot the system open Avalanche go into FTP settings. You want to change your IP address to whatever you have on flashfxp or Windows .. once you are linked you can pull off any programs that you want to make a copy for yourself. Another thing you can do is download an app called retail game loader V 1.20. This app will allow you to play retail games as well as emulators or anything the original Modded Xbox can play. How you use it is once you FTP to hard drive and is complete reset the system then under xdk launcher click on the newly installed app retail disc loader V 1.20... once that is launched it will look like the exact same Dash except now you can load anything you want. I was giving a lot of help from a lot of different sources in order to make this post to this form. Please if you know any other tricks leave a comment below if not this will work for sure I've tried it myself 100%. Thank you very much for reading have a great
      Frankie d

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.