OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT Plus2 installation issues

Edu

Hi,

I got an Aladdin XT Plus2 modchip around 5-7 years ago (can't really remember). I finally decided today to install it after getting a Jap. import game I cannot play.

I have a 1.4 and I've soldered the LPC header, bridged the B0 point on the Aladdin and connected D0 on the back to D0 on the modchip.

However, although my console boots up and the red light on the Aladdin is also lit (continuously, not sure if it should turn off, or blink, or something...) I don't see any difference, no logo when booting up or any other changes that I can see.

Questions are: Should I see any difference at this point? Am I missing something? I hope I don't have to flash it "by hand" as I don't own any flasher for this kind of chip.

Thanks in advance!

Aladdin XT's should be preflashed with Evox M8plus BIOS.

You should see an Evox shield in the upper left-hand corner of the startup animation.

The LED on the modchip is on as long as power is applied.  It is not controlled by the modchip in any way to show that the modchip is working or not.

You mean BT instead of B0 tied to ground for always-on operation of the modchip.

5aca69c9546e8_AladdinXTplus2-AlwaysON-Jumper(Green).jpg.baa09b0d09cda7ba0f5390427ac14218.jpg

Thanks @KaosEngineer.

Yeah, I meant BT, that was a typo, and that's how I have it soldered.

As for the "preflashed" part, do you mean I should have flashed it myself,or that it should come flashed? Again, I bought the modchip a long time ago, not even sure where. I'm assuming if it's not flashed I won't get any logo, and there is no way for me to tell otherwise? Any other way of flashing it that just buying a flasher?

3 minutes ago, Edu said:

Thanks @KaosEngineer.

Yeah, I meant BT, that was a typo, and that's how I have it soldered.

As for the "preflashed" part, do you mean I should have flashed it myself,or that it should come flashed? Again, I bought the modchip a long time ago, not even sure where. I'm assuming if it's not flashed I won't get any logo, and there is no way for me to tell otherwise? Any other way of flashing it that just buying a flasher?

It should be flashed from the factory / seller you purchased it from.  

Go into the stock dashboard's Settings > System Info menu option to start the Copyright scroller.  At the  bottom before it repeats note the D and K line values then post them in a reply.

3 minutes ago, Edu said:

I'm reasonably sure, but of course I'm going to disassemble everything again and check. Should the console not boot at all if that connection is properly made but the chip is not working?

If the chip has no BIOS on it, the console should FRAG - reboot a couple of times then start flashing the eject ring red and green.

Seems the cable had come lose (I have a bad soldering iron, no flux, and thick cables, almost everything in my current setup is bad for this kind of job...).

Now I get a big EvoX logo when starting up, so something is working. I get K: 1.00.5838.01 so that has also changed. And my Jap game just worked, so I'm assuming everything is set. Thank you very much for your help!

Do you have any other links I can follow to see what I should do now for an optimal experience? Information seems to be a bit scattered...

6 hours ago, Edu said:

Do you have any other links I can follow to see what I should do now for an optimal experience? Information seems to be a bit scattered...

Install a replacement dashboard using an installer disc such as OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4.  Download, extract and burn the dot iso disc image to DVD-R media.  Boot it in the Xbox, install one of the many dashboards available on the disc.

• Like 1